Ch55: The Fourth Soul

(Kagome POV - Just outside Tatsu's Village)

Mittsume Jōrō roared out as she twisted and gyrated towards us. Inuko looked unbothered as she kept forward and swung Tessaiga into the omukade, stopping her spinning as a chunk of her side and several legs were cut off.

She roared out in pain and Inuko merely stepped back to avoid her tail, shooting my arrow and knocking off another of her legs with a small burst of reiryoku.

As Mittsume Jōrō thrashed about I got an idea.

"Shippō?" I said getting his attention. 

"Yes?" He asked, tilting his head.

I whispered my idea into his ear, getting him to gain a determined expression and pulled out two firecrackers.

"Sure, I just need a chance." Shippō said as I smiled, notching another arrow.

"You'll get one soon enough." I said before he threw the firecrackers.

They went off in front of Mittsume Jōrō's face, blinding her and getting her to let out a growl of irritation. I fired my arrow and it just narrowly missed her cheek, flying past her into a tree.

Dang it.

Well at least Inuko managed to lop one of her arms off, Mittsume Jōrō retaliated by trying to snap at her.

Only for Inuko to move Tessaiga in the way, breaking the omukade's fangs and cutting into her cheeks. Mittsume Jōrō hurriedly twisting back with blood dripping from her mouth as Inuko shook her head.

"If this is all you got without anything powering you up, Kagome was right." She said before smiling. "But now without your fangs, you really are a pathetic, toothless maggot."

Mittsume Jōrō let out a strangled roar and I think she had all but become feral in her rage as she lashed out at Inuko. Uncaring now if she got some gash for Tessaiga or losing part of her leg.

She only tried to dodge getting gutted or sliced apart, or when the shard sticking out  of her back as I nearly struck it with an arrow. Otherwise she was just focusing on one thing.

Attack, attack, and attack.

I notched another arrow as Mittsume Jōrō  barreled towards me, firing at as it struck her side. Leaping back as Inuko cut off all three of her left arms off.

Getting her to snarl as she rotated again, turning towards Inuko who nearly lumped out of the way.

Shippō throwing another fire cracker at her before jumping off my back and climbing into a tree as I notched another arrow. Disappearing into the canopy as I fired the arrow.

It struck her shoulder, getting Mittsume Jōrō to glare at me and tried to charge forward. Before release a piercing wail as Inuko cut off end of her tail. Hurriedly coiling herself up and began looking between the both of us.

Honestly I thought that she was going to burrow away until Shippō jumped down in front of her and threw a firecracker into her face.

Mittsume Jōrō let out a snarl and shot forward bitting into him!

I was notching another arrow when Inuko put a hand infront of me, as Shippō popped like a ballon in her jaws leaving a leaf.

Right, he can make decoys...

Letting out a sigh of relief as he fell out of the tree. On top of a Jizo statue that crashed onto Mittsume Jōrō's tail, getting her to roar and pinning her in place.

"Got you!" He cheered out, throwing another firecracker and bolted as she tried to slam herself on him.

Allowing me to shot an arrow into her back as she thrashed and tried to pry the statue off her.