Ch51: Omukade Hunt

(Kagome POV - Mountainous Region - A Day Earlier - Morning)

Settling everything up to leave was a silent affair, hardly anyone said anything to the other. When we woke it we started to pick up everything to head out immediately.

Kaede and Inuko heading back to her village before the latter joins us while Myōga leads the rest of us to a new jewel shard where we should expect to deal with an omukade and potentially a follower of Kirinmaru.

Was not to keen on facing the former, but considering what the yokai was gathering them too any jewel shard we can get would be worth it.

The events from yesterday were still heavy on everyone's mind, some weighing in more on others like Inuko and Y/N seem to be. Although Inuko seems to have taken the brunt of it all...

Can't imagine what it must be like for her at all...

And thorough out it all Shippō still hasn't said anything at all while helping to pack everything up. Looking between both Y/N and Inuko still deciding on where to go, although I feel like he has finally made a choice.

After about an hour I believe we had gotten everything settled and ready to go...well except for one thing.

"You certain that it was okay to remove the sling?" I asked Kaede as she handed my what arrows she had left, her arm unbandaged.

Wasn't too sure about removing it quite yet and mounting a horse all the way back to her village right now. Then again she had Inuko with her as well.

"I should be fine, my arm has healed up enough for this." Kaede said sternly. "But someone has already insisted on stopping incase my hand bothers me."

"Not taking any chances." Inuko said with a smirk, holding onto the horse as Kaede just shook her head before getting on.

"You have everything ready Kagome?" Y/N asked as Shippō clamored onto his shoulder while I placed the arrows into my quiver.

"Yes, though we might need to make a stop before get closer to the village. Would prefer to get some practice in before we encounter anything." I said, getting both him and Yura to nod.

While I had other methods to fight, my control over my reiryoku was still quite shot. Not sure if I can get to where it was before Kikyō was ripped out of my soul anytime soon, but I just want to at least get it to a point the arrows won't blow up mid notch.

And I didn't want to face an omukade without using it again...Shikon powered or otherwise.

"There should be a few places around the halfway point, there is a large forest surrounding to at of the village. There should be a few locations around the edge to practice safety." Myōga said from Inuko's shoulder before he jumped off.

I just smiled at that bit of news.

Perfect, what I need.

"Lady Inuko I shall be taking my leave then." Myōga said getting her nod.

"Fine, but I hear you run away from any of them I'll squash you into that kami forsaken tree with a rock." Inuko said, getting the old flea yokai to shudder before hopping onto Y/N's shoulder.

"U-Understood." Myōga said, getting Inuko to huff.

"I should be able to track you down by either by the middle of the night or dawn. You all should be fine if it's just an omukade, but if you encounter someone serving Kirinmaru...well you all should be able to hold them off." Inuko said gruffly.

"As long as there isn't anything like the Shikyō, I'm sure that master and the girl should be able to handle most of them." Yura said.

"The Shikyō?" I asked Y/N.