Ch24: Vs Manten

(Inuko POV)

I deflected another sting from a Saimyōshō with Tessaiga before cutting into it down.

Okay I have lost count of how many down, to I'd say only a couple left.

Still they weren't my biggest worry.

No, that was the columns of lightning that kept shooting up in the distance. That could only mean that one of the raijū must have found the others.

I needed to hurry up with this. I am confident that they could hold off one of them, but for how long I am not willing to find out.

With a quick swing of Tessaiga, two more Saimyōshō were bisected and was about to slice up a third one.

When that one was diced up to pieces on it's own.

"Lady Inuko..." Myōga said from my shoulder as the rest of the Saimyōshō were cut up.

"I know." I said while gripping Yura's comb, waiting to see what she was going to do. "How are you feeling ya hairy bitch?"

"Pain, nothing but pain. And being on your presence is only making it worse." Yura groaned out as I set her down to the ground.

"Good to see that you are alright if you can still say things like that." I said.

"Of course I am, just need some rest to pull myself together. If this was back around my nest I would be back to full strength soon." Yura said as her body began to piece itself back together and mending all of her burns. "I don't have enough hair on hand to mend myself back fully."

"Well as long as your able to fight then your good. Still I hope that you can heal while moving, because we need to head to the others." I said, felt something tightening around my neck. "Don't even think about threatening me or I snapping this." I said, showing Yura her comb. "I was against it for saving Y/N from that lightning bolt and he trusted me with this after one would have killed you and possibly him. Now I would hate to break his trust after that, but if you kill me or give me reason to kill you that would also break his trust in you. I would be disappointed in myself if I broke his trust, but killing you that I will have no problems with. Still it is your choice, kill me and break the trust of the man who is the only reason you are still alive or drop the hair and let us reunite with the others?"

It was silent for a few moments as the tsukumogami complicated her choices before the hairs around my neck loosened.

"Now was that such a hard choice." I said with a grin and sheathing Tessaiga, getting Yura to glare at me.

"That was a close call Lady Inuko." Myōga sighed out, still on my shoulder.

"Maybe, but I've been around the hairy bitch long enough to know how to keep her in line without Y/N around." I said, secretly sighing internally.

Just as I thought, despite how insane she possibly is or how she reacts around Y/N she is still just as deadly to us as before her defeat.

And if given the chance to kill me or Kagome without getting on Y/N's bad side, she will.

"Anyway, what happened after that lightning bolt and why do I have so much dirt inside me." Yura sighed out as she started to grow back her arm.

"Short version, one of the raijū was smart enough to split us apart with a continuous wall of lightning,  We were lured to a Saimyōshō hive while the other were lured to the other raijū. As for the dirt, the kit covered you in dirt so that you would stop catching on fire." I said with a smirk, getting Yura to growl.

"I am going to line my nest with that kisune's fur." She said angrily.

"With how attached he seems to be getting with Y/N, I doubt you'll get the chance." I said, getting her to sigh as her legs started to reform.