Chapter 17

*** Sarah's P.O.V ***

A loud thud followed by a howl came in our direction.

He withdrew his lips which held mine possessively a while ago.

"I reckon we better be going if we don't want to end up as a meal" I chuckled.

Peter lifted me off the ground in the bridal style again and this time his steps were faster. I was worried we might slip somewhere but somehow the same feeling that I had when I met him the first time came back. The sense of being protected, being far from harm's way.  I held on to his shirt tight and taking my time to soak myself in his divine scent and mellow touch. 

I was amazed by the command that he had on this place like he knew every rock and slope in this place. He must have been here a lot. My heart fluttered at the mere moment when our eyes met as we 're on the even land finally.

He carefully put me down and drove me back to the mansion.

"So erm" I stared at the ground as a cloud of shyness covered me at the thought of a good night kiss.

"Get on" he gestured and with a push, I was able to climb up my balcony.

He didn't even wave back but on his way in a hurry.

I hate this feeling somehow.

The thought of our kiss consumed my peace. It wasn't like anything I had before. At that moment my whole body-mind, soul my everything felt him. I was absolutely baffled. All I could think over the night is him. Somehow I felt uneasy in the back of my mind. This can't be happening again, I'm letting a guy take control over my emotions again. Whenever it happened before it didn't end well. 

The ticking alarm woke me up and I am pleased to hear a voice I like. I ran towards the dining hall and was trapped in a bear hug instantly.

"Happy birthday Sarah" cried, Cody.

My eyes sparkled with happiness.

"I've got an amazing present for ya" Cody smiled as his chest grew an inch bigger with pride.

"Um..," I looked confused at him.

"I know you how you feel here at the mansion though you are not very vocal about it. I've got a new place for you to live" he cried merrily.

"That's brilliant son, your father and I were just discussing that it's time for Miss Jones to move to a new place anyways" Jenny came from behind and took something from the refrigerator and left.

Somehow that comment made me feel angry and disheartening. It's as if she didn't want me here. Who am I kidding?  Of course, no one wants me here!

"When can I move in there Cody?" I asked as I'm disappointed in myself for even considering this cold place for my home.  

"Aren't you gonna ask where it is first?" Cody asked.

" Where?" now the reality struck me about the fact that if I can even afford that place.

" My place! I mean my mates and I rented a new place near Caryl grib and we're looking for new roomies" 

"What about the?"

"Don't worry, we already paid for a deposit when we first lent the place and you can pay rent from next month" Cody beamed at me. 

Sometimes I wonder how in the world a couple like Landers got such an amazing bloke for a son.

"That's..."I couldn't find words on how to thank Cody, "you are the best" I jumped and pulled him in a friendly hug.

"Anything for you Sarah" Cody chuckled patting my back.

I didn't want to waste even a second in the place where no one wanted me. Sally and Cody helped me to pack the few things that I owned. Albert and Phil were out on some work. Sally gave me a  kerchief hand-knitted by herself as a parting gift and I hugged her tight wishing her the best in that gloomy place. She's the only cheerful company I had in this huge place. 

"Please convey Albert that I would soon return the car when I find some alternative" I spoke sternly to Jenny and without hearing her response I made my way out of the mansion.

It's completely absurd but as I am leaving the mansion I felt that I am leaving something behind. Something valuable. Something that had a very special place in my heart. 

**********

Don't be a silent reader and share your thoughts. Keep reading Keep sharing <3 LK