"I'll start with the first place team."

"Um. Excuse me. Sorry. But I'm withdrawing." A hand raised from the crowd of students and everyone gasped.

"Ojiro, No way!" I heard Deku's voice from the crowd. So it's Ojiro who said that. 

"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted." Tenya added.

I saw the hand go down and Ojiro started to speak again.

"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it."

"What!" I said surprised to myself.

"I... think it was that guy's Quirk. I know this is a great opportunity, I wish I could take advantage of it, but my conscience won't let me." He continued.

"Think about this." Deku started.

"I have, okay?" Ojiro stopped him right away.

"Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. No way. I don't wanna advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair."

"You're making way too much of this! Just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here." Hagakure exclaimed.

"Yeah, what she said." Mina added on. "I didn't do much in the battle, either."

"That's not it. I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up." Ojiro said and then a little muffled. "Also, why are all the girls dressed like cheerleaders?" 

I heard the girl moan sadly.

"Nirengeki Shoda from Class 1-B, I think I should withdraw for the exact same reason. Regardless of how strong I am, this isn't how I wanted to get here. It would go against the values of the festival to advance without earning my spot." Another student by the name of Shoda spoke up as well.

"Well, now. Here's another weird turn of events." Present Mic said through the speakers.

"We'll have to see what Midnight has to say about all this-- she's the one in charge." Mr Aizawa added. I looked up to the stage where Midnight was standing and waited to see what she would do.

"This sort of talk is incredibly naive, my boys. That turns me on! Shoda! Ojiro! You're withdrawn!" She exclaimed to them and the crowd.

Wait, did she say it turns her on? 

"Now lets see... We'll have to move up two students from the fifth-place cavalry team so we have enough contestants." Midnight stared. After a little bit of talking and what not, the other people were chosen to play.

"And so, Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki have advanced to the finals! Take a look at the bracket, my dears. These are your opponents!" Midnight called out while names appeared on the screen and who would be battling who.

I looked at the screen to see that Deku was the first match and was with some guy named Shinso. I also saw that Shoto was in the second match against Sero.

The purple haired boy from the time when everyone was at our doors started talking to Deku and caught him off guard. It looked like Deku was going to respond but not before Ojiro's tail covered his mouth, stopping him talking. 

"What is going on?" I asked aloud. I looked around at other names until I found mine. 

"Oh, it looks like I'm up against Shiozaki. She's the one with the green viney hair right?" I asked no one in particular.

"Okay. Let's press pause for a momentary interlude! Before the battles begin, it's time for some pulse-pounding side games!" Present Mic called out.