55: The Spaces Between Us

**

"Jimin-ah," Yoongi says softly, watching the other's eyes flit to his from where they sit in the car so completely tired and exhausted.

"Yoongi-Hyung?" He questions, body slumped but eyes still captivating as ever...

And Yoongi thinks he could lose himself in the split moment before his name tumbles from Jimin's rose tinted lips. Find home in the breath that slips past his parted lips and falls in the gaps between them. Wants to tell him how his name on his lips sounds like a promise and a home all in one.

...

But he doesn't.

"Nothing," he says, turning away to stare at the grey buildings passing in a blur.

I wish I could kiss your lips as you say my name a thousand times over.

**

"Hyung?" Jimin asks, and Yoongi's gaze snaps to his, seeing the questions in his probing eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing... you were... you were staring," Jimin says softly, leaning towards Yoongi, the two sharing their own gravitational pull.

Was Yoongi staring? The better question is, when is he ever not looking? How can he ever look away when he could spend an eternity counting every blemish, every scar, every freckle and beauty mark adorning Jimin's skin. Collecting them like seashells in a rose-quartz vanity, locking them away inside him as he collects parts of Jimin to remember and love forever.

"I'm Sorry," he says, looking away.

I'm sorry I'm not brave enough to tell you yet.

**

"Jimin... I..."

"Yes?" Jimin says, and Yoongi thinks this is it, this time, this time I will say something.

.... "Hyungie?" Jimin asks playfully, his soft giggle warming Yoongi's winter bones.

The blush of his cheeks reminds Yoongi of dusk, and the pink of his lips reminds him of summer.

"I need to tell you," he whispers...

Jimin looks at him openly, hand cupping his jaw, and Yoongi's own hands burn achingly bare, the space between his fingers he knows are just the perfect fit for another pair to slip between, to nestle between the lines of his palms and the scar on his thumb. The perfect fit, but so far away...

"I, uh, I think Namjoon was looking for you," he turns away, not wanting to see the crushing disappointment in the youngers eyes that he knows he will be trying so hard to hind, but Yoongi knows him like the ocean knows the shore, a slow, age old constant warmth, ebbing and flowing but never, ever leaving. Yoongi knows Jimin.

Jimin wishes he knew Yoongi.

**