20: Bloody Nightmares

**

Over breakfast, another news announcements had aired. Another advertisement declaring your danger. And whilst you knew it was lies, a small part of you remembered all the terrible things you had done, what Kang Sun made you do, and you knew that no matter how far you could run, you would never truly be free. They wouldn't stop hunting you, and your survival put the members in danger.

Your thoughts were beginning to spiral and your eyes cloud over. Suddenly Tae turned the TV off. 'Ignore it Y/N.' You see him smile at you, so sweetly sensing your distress, before leaving to get ready for a meeting they had.

One by one the rest of them leaves you too, watching them go you feel strange.

You knew it was silly, but you wished nothing would change. You loved how everything was right now, having them all around you.

But unfortunately, no matter how great the days were, you were still having trouble at night.

You had begun to worry that you were a burden for them, a danger. You cared too much about the boys now. It isn't only about your own survival. For once your priority isn't your own safety.

What was causing all this paranoia?

...

Your nightmares.

Flashback

The bloody images dance in front of your eyes, again and again, on endless replay through the night. You dream of;

The night your family were murdered, when the faceless men shrouded head to toe in black rip your family away from you over and over again in your sleep, you never see their faces but their maniacal laughter echoes loud and oppressive, reminding you that you were weak, that you couldn't save them, you let it happen, it was your fault.

Kang Sun, his face that haunts you, the eyes that watched you always, how he said you were his daughter. Now his dark, whispered voice sounds through the nightmares, whispering that you are his, his family, his blood, you're evil, just like him, you hurt good people, you blackmailed them, threatened them, you were bad, and you were tainted.

Your worse nightmares re-live the nights where Hyun Shik played his evil games. In the dark he came and found you, your guards looked the other way as he dragged you towards him, smiling gleefully as whispered in your ear, time to play Y/N. Leaving you with burnt soles, red marks, bruises and scratches. These nightmares wake you up sobbing, rubbing your arms and shaking, checking your feet and your legs for the fresh wounds you expect to see, but finding only old scars, faded pink, glowing in the night, a final reminder from him that although it was only a nightmare- You will always carry his mark.

Now your nightmares include Jungkook. Jungkook and Kang Sun and you, helpless as you see the gun pressed to his temple so forcefully that it tears skin, and you can only watch as a single drop of blood drips from Jungkook's skin. You run but in your nightmare, you do not move, you cry and sob and throw yourself forward, towards Jungkook and... You do not move an inch. You can only watch every night as Jungkook's broken eyes stare at you in terror, as the gun sounds, and all you know for sure is that it is your fault, you did this, and you didn't save him.

Those were the worst nightmares.

**

Present

Yoongi had left the meeting early with a headache. Now, approaching the door he absentmindedly rummaged for his keys, mind lost in thoughts.

The comeback was stressful, it seemed lately everything he produced was slightly off- Only just, but it was frustrating to his trained ear.