"Yeah you never did Night'Paw. Why did you?" Bright'Paw's eyes gleamed with curiosity.

  Night'Paw looked down at her paws, sadly, as she remembers the old memories of her old home and what Willow had done to her and Smokey. Her whisker twitched with sadness. She could only remember the smell of Smokey's blood on Willow when she had walked out the shadows.

  Bear'Paw walked in with a small and thin mouse, he placed it down on his moss pile. "If she doesn't want to talk about it, leave the she-apprentice be then." He said with a flick of his tail. Bear'Paw was always the more respectful one of the group.

  Night'Paw chimed up, "I'll tell what happened that night." She mewed with a hint of anxiety.

  The cats looked at her with uncertainty. She simply flicked her tail for them to come closer. She tried to smile warmly at them all.

  They came closer to the black and white she-apprentice.

  Night'Paw hesitantly told all the cats about that night, leaving no details behind. Night'Paw tried her best to not tear up.

                                                                                  Page 2

  The three apprentices listened to Night'Paw in awe and pity, she had gotten to the part of Smokey's death. Night'Paws tail flicked in frustration as Bright'Paw licked her forehead gently to comfort Night'Paw.

  Night'Paw continued onto how Willow and the two rogues had tried to kill her, and how if it wasn't for remembering her training from Smokey, she would have been dead.

  She finished the story. The apprentices felt a mix of emotions.

  "Wow. . ." Sleeping'Paw meowed. "I'm so sorry Night'Paw." Sleeping'Paw looked down at his moss.

  By the time the story was finished it was sunhigh. The apprentices barely touched their fresh kill due to listening to the black and white she-apprentices' story.

  Night'Paw heard a rustle at the apprentices' den entrance. It was Dawn'Star.

  "Night'Paw?" He called out. "It's time for training." His meow was calm as he peeked his head completely into the apprentices' den. He looked warily at the almost untouched fresh-kill.

  "Alright, one second Dawn'Star." Night'Paw dipped her head respectfully and took one final bite of her supposed to be breakfast with Bright'Paw and licked her lips.

  Dawn'Star nodded and waited nearby.

  Night'Paw flicked her tail as a goodbye as she squeezed her way out the entrance of the den.

  "What happened in the apprentices' den?" Dawn'Star asked with a hint of worry.

  "I told them my story." Night'Paw meowed calmly.

  "Seems like you're making friends." He mewed cheerfully. "Holly'Scar said you wouldn't make any friends due to your. . . Ahem." He paused, "I'm just glad you proved her to be wrong."

  Night'Paw purrs happily.

  "Oh, that reminds me." Dawn'Star meows. "Sleeping'Paw needs to do his duties. Mind if you tell him to go clean the bedding in the elders den?"

  Night'Paw nodded, "Alrighty!" Night'Paw purred happily and padded back to the apprentices' den.

  She peeked into the apprentices' den. "Sleeping'Paw!" She calls out for the apprentice to wake up. "Dawn'Star says you have to clean the elders bedding."