Chapter 18

IT WAS A PRANK 😂😂
I just want to thank everyone for reading my story 💙  I love y'all so much and thank y'all for helping me remember I have a book to continue 🙂

   ***

Jojo

The beeping sounds of the machine filled the hospital room. Mira was holding Rays hand and sleeping o his chest, while Alexa slept on Brooklyn. Mia and Richie were sleeping,  Max and Brooklyn were the only ones awake. Bentley has laid his head on the hospital bed and had fallen asleep.

Max was just in the corner of the room on his phone with one arm folded.  He was most definitely stressed out. Max and Brooklyn still weren't talking so the room was silent.

Occasionally, Brooklyn would just stare at him and wait till he looked over at her to then look away. Brooklyn and Max were still somewhat high so they became tired but for some reason didn't want to sleep.

Max

I could feel her eyes on me half of the time and every time I would look up she would look away. I knew she was trying to catch my attention and I still wasn't talking to her.

But who could stay mad at her ?

Especially when she would just look at me with her dreamy eyes that you could lose yourself in.

My phone suddenly rang making her snap her head towards me. I answered the phone and left the room.

"Hello"

"What's up? What's up with Ray?" Khalil asked.

"He got shot. Ben and Richie don't even know who did it." I brushed my hair with my fingers and sighed.

"Why weren't you there?"

"I was with Brooklyn"

"Brooklyn? Ever since shawty showed up , you haven't been hanging with the boys anymore. It's always Brooklyn"

That was not true.

"That's cap, bro. I literally live with them and this really the first time I ain't with them. Brooklyn don't got none to do with this"

"You went to Brooklyn's house after your party, dude. While the gang left to a hotel with they shawty. You chose Brooklyn over your own brothers"

What in the world is this man talmbout?

"Niggas left without me to be with they girls. I don't got a girl so why would I even go with them? Plus Brooklyn was drunk as fuck. I couldn't just let her go out sad"

"Who told her to get wasted? She can't take care of herself?"

"Do you hear yourself? Brooklyn was intoxicated , clearly the girl couldn't even walk . I was not finna leave her just to go with the boys and they shawty."

"Maxwell, you could've put her in a cab. Now you making up excuses. Bro just admit you like her"

Oh hell no. The hell he got going on?

"I don't like her. I was looking out for her, the same way if my sister was in the same place. I might be hard but my mom taught me to at least have some type of respect. I was not finna let her get in a cab drunk"

"Whatever dude. I'm just saying shawty getting you distracted from your job. You supposed to be working but you over here running around fucking shawty. No wonder Ray got shot"

"Khalil, don't fucking play with me. She ain't distracting nobody and we don't even fuck so watch your mouth. Even if I was there Ray was still going to get shot at, the nigga jumped in front of a bullet for his girl."