05 - The Date

Jojo

The car ride was quiet. Max looked at the road the remaining of the time while Brooke slept like a little baby. After their discussion they just stopped speaking to each other and Brooke kind of left Max speechless after she said what she said. The silence in the car was thick and Max hated it. He turned on his radio and put on a song but on a low volume so Brooke could at least get some rest.

Max was taking her out of the city of where they stayed. The place was an hour away and he was already thinking of driving back home to save himself from Brooke's feisty attitude and smart mouth. But he decided he was going to continue driving because if he wanted her, he had to deal with everything she came with.

Now Brooke wasn't or isn't an easy girl to pick with and Max knew that but yet he still liked her even if he didn't want to admit it. Finally after a long drive it was 9:30 and Max pulled over.

He looked over at Brooke who was knocked out and stared at her. He always found himself doing that. Being so fond of her. He found himself admiring her as if she was the last female on earth. He closely scrutinized her as she let out soft snores. He found her even cuter while she slept but it was time to awake her.

He began tapping her and whispering to get up. Obviously it wasn't working, he grabbed her hand and kissed it. He grabbed her head and put it straight.

"Brooke it's time to wake up" he spoke softly. She began to get up letting out small moans and groans. She let out a stretch and yawn before looking at her surroundings. Not noticing where she was at, her eyes widen as if she just seen a ghost.

"Where am I?" She asked him turning towards to face him. But he was already out the car. He opened her door and extended his arms for her to grab on.

"I told you I was bringing you somewhere special. Now I need you to take this and wrap it around your head." He handed her a black bandana as he helped her out the car.

"Okay" she grabbed it and began tying it behind the back of her head. She grabbed onto Max for support. He locked the car and lead her to where he wanted to take her.

"There's a step right there so I'm going to lift you, okay?" He was asking for permission before just lifting her up.

"Yeah" .

When they got to the step, he picked her up, took the step and placed her back down on the ground.

"Max where are you taking me boi?" She whined.

"Just a little closer Princess. Do you trust me?"

"No"

"Brooke, I need you to trust me so you don't think I'm kidnapping you again"

"I trust you"

They finally got there and he stood behind her still holding her hand.

"You can take it off now" he spoke to her so calmly and she felt surprisingly safe. She always felt safe when she was with him even if she was never in danger. She felt as if she connected more with him than with any of the girls. As she took off the blindfold, her eyes were still closed. Scared to see where he brought her she turned around to face him.

He smiled at her and turned her back around. The moment she laid her eyes on the imagery that was literally in front of her, she fell in love. She couldn't contain her smile and excitement. She turned to face him and he had his head down. She smirked and lift up his head and kissed his cheek.

"Where are we?" She asked him. He grabbed her by the hand as he sat them both down on a rock that wasn't that close but close enough to see it all.