Chapter 10

Jojo

A few days passed and Max asked Brooke to company her to the burial of his father. So she did. He wanted her to learn about his family and meet his mother. Yeah, maybe he was doing everything too fast considering the fact they wasn't even together. But he liked her enough to introduce her to one of the most important women of his life.

The boys also tagged along with them. They all knew his father and they were basically Max's brothers and his moms sons. Since she practically raised them even when she was on drugs and went into rehab.

There were not a lot of people in the burial. Mainly, Max's mother and his fathers mom and sister. His aunts and uncles attended the service. The graveyard was filled with sobs and hearing the sounds of the people he loved most cry made him shed tears. Brooke never seen Max cry so it really took a toll in her heat. They all began to rub his back showing sympathy for their dear friend.

"Damn I'm sorry brother" Ray said hugging his brother. Max wiped his tears and began to play with his fingers.

"Thank you, Ray. I need a few if that's okay?" He said.

He began to walk away but the moment he saw his mother, all the tears he was trying to hold back, all the hurt that he needed to let go finally escaped. His mother immediately hugged him and their sobs began to hurt everyone's souls. Brooke felt her heart break and she felt the tears begin to form. She was sensitive so even if she didn't know Max's father, she knew Max was hurting. Bentley put his arms around Brooke and pulled her close. She laid her head on his chest and let the tears fall.

"It's okay, beautiful. You feel his hurt and that's okay." He kissed her head and she nodded. "Just stay with him Brooke."

"I wasn't planning on leaving" She sniffled and looked back at Max who had just separated from his mother. He walked up to his friends and Brooke embraced him in a hug.

"Are you okay?" She looked up at him and cupped his face. He placed his hands on her and nodded.

"I'm good Brooke." He hugged her.

"Hey Maxwell" A familiar girl voice said. Max and Brooke then separated and when Brooke turned around, she was surprised to see who was there.

"Angelina?" Max face lit up when he saw her and embraced her in a hug, picking her up and swinging her. He kissed her cheek before putting her down. Brooke felt her whole heart break as she saw Max holding her.

"Brooke? What are you doing here?" Angelina asked her leaving her arm around Max's waist. Brooke looked at Max and pushed a strand of hair out her face.

"Well, Maxwell invited me"

"Wait you two know each other?" Max asked letting go of Angel.

"Yes doofus, I did her hair. She's super sweet" Angel smiled. Brooke gave her a fake smile and looked at Max.

"So Angel, um.. what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm his sister" she smiled and Brooke felt big fresh of air run pass her.

"Sister? Max you didn't tell me you had a sister."