T W E L V E

Max

"What the fuck happened to you?" Bentley asked concerned. He quickly stood up from the couch and caught me before I fell over. He closed the door and dragged me over to the coach. I groaned in pain as the cut on my stomach burned.

"I got jumped. Niggas caught me slipping" I told him laying my head on the arm of the couch and lifting my legs up to place them on the cushions.

"What the fuck? Max, what you mean you was caught slipping? Wasn't you with Brooke today?"

"Kaiden called me to make a delivery at U-Rescue and when I gave the order to the guy, niggas just came and attacked me."

"Your mom cannot see you like this. She'll kill us for letting you go back out there to deliver more shit."

"That's why my mother can't know, Ben."

"Did you call Kaiden and tell him?" Ben grabbed an ice pack and placed it on my eye.

"Yeah. He said he gon get some people to take care of it."

"You don't think—"

"He set it up? No. Ben are you crazy? We literally saved those niggas from they old boss, why would they get niggas to jump me?"

"Nah you right. We just can't trust folks out here anymore."

"I know."

Suddenly, the door swung open and it was Richie and Ray. Richie was drunk and loud, while Ray tried to get him to be quiet.

"Woah what happened to you?" Richie asked me slurring his words. Ray let go of Richie and walked up to me. He took off her jacket and placed it on the couch.

"Can y'all take this off of me, please?" I asked them pointing to my hoodie.

"Yeah"

Ben pulled me up by my arm but I couldn't completely sit up straight so Ray sat behind me and let me lean against him. Ben then slowly grabbed my hoodie and pulled it up, making me raise my arms up he pulled it off of me.

I was now in nothing but my black shorts and socks. Bentley grabbed my hoodie and placed it inside my room.

"Damn Max. They got you bad" Bentley said scratching his head.

"Who got him bad? Who did this to you?" Ray asked. Richie was in his room possibly sleep so he wasn't going to know what happened until tomorrow.

"Kaiden made me do a delivery at the Villa and a couple of masked men jumped me. They punched me, kicked and stabbed me."

"Bro, I'm sorry this happened to you. I promise we gonna get whoever did this to you" Ray said rubbing my back.

"I love you brother" Ben said gently hugging me.

"I love y'all more".

****
Brooklyn

After a few hours, the girls finally came back from a day at the beach. I was already in a mood since Max didn't call or text me. I stood waiting and waiting for that nigga to contact me and I still haven't heard nothing from him.