addition

liked by shawnmendes, daviddobrik, enews and 7,830,011 others

samaracavelli life is good

daviddobrik its because I haven't been over to scare you in a while huh

davmara ^get back together

natalienoel ^no

shawnmendes ^what she said

daviddobrik ^what they said

view all 34,200 comments

3 d a y s b e f o r e c h r i s t m a s

"What time was David coming over to film?" Shawn asked.

"I thought we were going over there." I said.

"Oh yeah that's right." He said.

"Around 3."

We were filming David's usual Christmas video where he has all of his friends do a Merry Christmas type thing, but it usually turns out silly and not at all what it was supposed to be. I always thought it was hilarious.

Once we got to David's he had a lot of people over to film his little segments for the Christmas video. I gave David and Natalie a hug and then greeted some people he had over. Just most of the vlog squad and a few people I had never seen before.

"Sam, it's yours and Shawn's turn." He said.

We went and stood in front of the wall, I was holding Kora and Shawn put his arm around my shoulder, "What do we say again?"

"Like Merry Christmas from the blah blah blah" David said. "Okay.. 1.. 2... 3."

"Merry Christmas from the whatever we ares!" Shawn said and I started laughing.

We did a few takes and then David wanted to do one without Kora so it could be "inappropriate", I should've expected nothing less from David.

"3...2...1, go."

"Merry Christmas from the Mendes's!" Shawn said before I could even say anything.

"Who?" I turned to look at him and he was down on one knee, a tiny lil box in his hands with a ring in it. "This is a prank right? Ha ha very funny." I looked at David and he was smiling, with tears in his eyes.

"Merry Christmas?" Shawn said, laughing.

It took me seconds to start crying as I let Shawn slide the ring onto my finger. "It's always gonna be Cavelli-Mendes." I said to him, before looking over at David. "You did this, huh?"

"How awkward huh? Setting up my ex and one of my best friends to get engaged." David said. Once he put the camera down, he came and pulled us both into a hug. "I'm really happy for the both of you. You deserve it."