that night

liked by imogencavelli, caseyvoss, sydneykidd and 458 more

samaracavelli   the bridal festivities continue🥳

imogencavelli  thanks for coming I love you

caseywright   To think Imogen would be the one with their head in the toilet at the end of the night

imogencavelli   @caseyvoss  she actually never made it home😏

view all 21 comments

For the sake of Imogen, I gladly got up and went out with her and her friends to downtown Toronto to some club. 

It took me graduating high school for her friends and I to actually get along. Maybe it's just because I was always almost 4 years younger that they saw it as a reason to pick on me. Now, I was just hanging out with them because Imogen wanted me to. 

The club scene never was the scene for me, but I made a promise to Imogen that I would let go and have fun tonight, so the first thing we did was take ourselves to the bar. Luckily, the drinking age in Canada was 19, so my 19 year old self was great. 

After dancing for a few hours, Imogen and I found ourselves sitting at a table towards the side of the dance floor, but still kind of secluded from everything else. Sydney, Gabby and Holly all somehow managed to parter up with some strangers and were still dancing the night away.

"I'm glad you came." Imogen said, resting her head on my shoulder. "I'd be sitting all alone if you didn't." 

"I know, I'm just the best sister." I said sarcastically, patting her thigh.

"You're my only sister." She said, laughing. 

"This is what you call going crazy, huh?" I looked at her. 

"Oh, hush." She hit my leg, shaking her head. "I had a good time." 

"Yeah, I did too." I put my arms around her, hugging her from the side. 

I wasn't gonna lie, just getting away from Miami was refreshing. Being with Imogen in a new place was the best feeling. I loved traveling but I loved my sister even more. So when I get both at the same time, I could have fun anywhere. 

The club wasn't too bad. Letting loose and dancing around with Immy was super fun. Relaxing...in a way? 

"Imogen, come dance." Sydney and Gabby had found us and held their hands out to Imogen. 

"You've had long enough of a break, come ooonnnnn." They pulled her up and she looked back at me, stopping for my approval.

"Go ahead, I'm gonna get some air." I smiled and stood up, kissing her cheek before walking towards the door that labeled roof. 

After climbing a few flights of stairs, I finally pushed the heavy door open and felt the cool air hit my face. I pulled my jacket over my shoulders and walked towards the ledge, looking out at the city.