the beginning of the end

liked by daviddobrik, jeff, andrewgertler and 5,739,119 others

samaracavelli  this is my view 90% of my life

daviddobrik    its how I express my love

samarashade   lets face it, he only dates your for content

view all 18,390 comments

"Everything okay?" I asked as David crawled into bed. 

"I'm good. Thanks for today, I really appreciate it. It was really cool of you to surprise me with Ariana like that." He said as he moved closer to me.

"Something's bothering you." I said, looking into his eyes.

"When we had pranked everyone, and then Ariana came out. For those few seconds that I thought you were actually pregnant, I was so happy. I feel like maybe I hadn't been that happy about something in a while." 

I sat up, sighing as I put my head in my hands, "Oh my god, David, I am so sorry." 

"When I found out you weren't, I was upset." He sat up, laughing lightly, "Don't be sorry."

"I feel so shitty now."

"Hey, I mean if you're 100% down, then it's something that can be changed." He said, repeating what I said to him at the party.

"Are you 100% down?"

"Babe," he laughed, "Did you listen to anything I just said?"

"I mean... only if you're 100% down."

He didn't respond. He just kissed me, laying me down onto the bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're 100% positive it's okay if I go?" I asked. I almost wanted him to say no.

"Of course. I know nothing will happen and I trust you," David said. 

"You don't wanna go with?" I picked Kora up, placing her on David's chest. She instantly leaned down to kiss his face. 

He laughed and proceeded to kiss her all over her face, "No, you guys need some family time. I think we're gonna go out and film."

"Okay, well text me when you're coming home. Make good choices and stay out of trouble," I said as I leaned down to kiss him.

"I can promise to everything, except for that last statement." 

"I mean it, David." I picked Kora back up and headed out the door to the car. 

I drove to Santa Monica where I'd be meeting up with Shawn for lunch and maybe some time at the beach if the weather cleared up. It was one of those rare rainy days in LA. 

When we arrived, I gave Shawn a hug and he took Kora into his lap. "How's it going?"

"It's going. Studio is killing me." I sighed. "You?"

"I think this PR thing is finally coming to an end." He said.

"Surprise, surprise." I rolled my eyes. "What makes you think that."

"Camila got a boyfriend, and she's... really in love. Roger is calling it. He clearly cares about her happiness a lot." Shawn said.

"And you're... really in love with her, huh?" I asked.

"I really, really want you to know, that it was never real til we split up. And not even for months after. Even then, it only lasted for like 3 months. It's just been platonic. I never cheated on you." He said.

"But you did." I said. "You kissed her. Behind my back. Maybe if you would have asked, I wouldn't have cared. For it to come out of no where. That fucked me up."

"I wanted to tell you that my contract with Andrew ends soon." Shawn told me, "I'm going to Republic."

I opened my mouth to respond, but I couldn't find the words for a second, "Wow. That's great. I'm happy for you."

"It feels weird, you know?" 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Enduring years of emotional abuse and to finally be that close to freedom.. wow." 

I felt more than happy for Shawn. He'd finally be under a manager that would put him before numbers or publicity. He deserved it. If only he wouldn't have let a contract split us up.

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure."

"Do you really see yourself with David forever?" He asked. 

"Yeah, Shawn. I do." 

"You'd never consider getting back with me?" He asked. "Not even for the sake of Kora?"

"I told you a million times while I was pregnant, that we couldn't be together just for Kora." I sighed. "Shawn, you will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always love you in a way. I just don't think there's another chance for us. I'm sorry." 

After lunch, we went to the pier which we thought would be a bad idea, but surprisingly not many people stopped us. 

We ate ice cream and some fruit from the stands on the pier, Shawn and I attempted to win stuffed animals for Kora from the rigged games on the pier. We made our way down to the beach to try and see how Kora would react to the water.

As we sat in the sand, watching the waves crash over the shore, this day kind of reminded me of when we were together. I looked over at Shawn, sighing softly. 

"Thank you for being Kora's dad." I said. 

"She's my favorite thing in the world." Shawn said. 

Shawn's parents were flying in to LA this weekend, so I let him take Kora home to his apartment so they could see him. I kind of wanted to see them too, but I know Karen would get right into my head. 

On my way home, I got lost in my thoughts, trying to think and understand. 

Today made me feel so weird. It made me think of how much I missed Shawn and I's relationship. No matter how much I loved David, Shawn would always some type of hold on me. It's not like he's a normal ex either. I can't just ghost him and pretend our relationship never happened.

I'd be seeing him for the rest of my life because of Kora.

We had a daughter together. As parents it was our responsibility to get over whatever issues we had with each other and be parents to Kora. It wasn't about just us anymore. It was about Kora and showing her how two parents are supposed to act.

I was brought back to focus by the sound of a car horn. I slammed on my breaks but by that time it was too late. 

The car in front of me swerved into the next lane and I attempted to do the same, but I didn't have much luck. The car coming down the wrong lane, slammed into my car. 

It was the last thing I remember seeing.

The last thing I heard was shattering glass, screeching breaks and the sound of crunching metal. 

OH NO

I kept this chapter short bc the next one will most likely be super long for obvious reasons

all the love

ps next chapter from David's pov or Shawn's?