13. He Shot Me!

I felt like my head was repeatedly thumping against something hard. It took me a few minutes to adjust and realise where I was, it seemed to be a moving vehicle. But I wasn't alone either. My eyes blinked as they landed on a beaten up Ethan.

"E-Ethan?" My voice was hoarse and groggy, my head was fuzzy and cloudy. "Ethan? It's you!" I tried to reach out to him, only to find out my arms were tightly secured behind my back.

Ethan didn't reply, but I could see his chest rising and falling with every breath he took. He was unconscious.

"Ethan," I cried. "Ethan...I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorry!" I kept saying.

This was all my fault. If only I hadn't allowed myself to become so close with him. If only I hadn't allowed him to discover my secret.

If only I didn't care about him so, so, so much.

-

We were shoved into a room in the lab, dragged all the way down to the bottom floor. "Now, no funny stuff." Sir said to me, trying to sound authoritative. "Or he gets it." He shoved a barely awake Ethan onto a chair.

I analysed the weapons in Sir's hand, they were definitely real guns this time. I let out a groan, nodding my pounding head. "I'm going to untie you, but if you even think about moving, my walls are going to have a nice decoration of your boyfriend's brains. You got it?"

I visibly flinched and Sir smirked. Just as he asked, I didn't move an inch as he untied my hands, my wrists sore from the tight ropes. Sir pulled Ethan up from the chair and pointed the gun to his forehead, saying, "Get up and move to the door."

My eyes flashed to Ethan, gulping it of nervousness. I didn't want anything to happen to him. So, I did as I was told and got up. My body aches with every step but I knew I would heal soon, I headed towards the door.

"Keep going down the hall."

Even though the walls seemed like they were closing in on me, and nostalgia of this place was consuming me, my main focus was Ethan. I was terrified and angry at myself for allowing this to happen to him.

I should've never allowed myself to get close to him, but I didn't regret it strangely enough. My world became a better place as soon as he came into my life. And now he's paying the consequences, because I wanted a better life. I immediately felt selfish, I was angry at myself for ruining Ethan's life.

I strode through the long hallway, my guilty thoughts consuming me. It was leading to my room—more like cell. I ignored the stares and especially the look I received from the doctor who I had to knock out. He shrunk back against the wall, he was afraid of me.

As much as I wanted to hurt everyone in this building, I refrained from doing so as I knew Sir still had the gun against Ethan's temple, ready to shoot at all times. I couldn't bare to turn around and look.

"Go in." Sir ordered as we stood outside the door of my old room. At the sight, I nearly crumbled. My heart began to pound in my chest, my eyes began to dart nervously, looking for an escape. There was no way I was going back in there.

"Go inside or I'll shoot him." Sir threatened in such a low voice I doubt anyone else heard it. I had a sudden feeling he didn't want anyone else to hear it. "Now."

I opened the door and walked in, my legs becoming stiff. Sir pushed Ethan in and I barely caught him before he hit the floor. I looked up at Sir before he shut the door, a triumphant smile on his face.

Ethan Dolan

My eyelids felt as if they were made of metal. I tried a few unsuccessful times to open my eyes, I only managed to hold them open a crack before painfully shutting them again. I couldn't tell where I was however, it was too dark. I groaned, trying to lift myself from the haze of confusion that still coated my mind.

"Ethan?"

The person who spoke sounded urgent, maybe even relieved. After a second or two, I managed to recognise that voice. "...Blue?"

"I'm right here, Ethan. Are you okay?" She spoke again.

I didn't exactly know the answer to that question. "I'm fine, are you okay?" I was more concerned about her state than mine.

"I'm okay, Ethan. Don't worry about me." She didn't sound okay in the slightest. Her voice was horse and groggy.

"Where are we?" I muttered.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry, Ethan" Blue breathed out, only confusing me
more. I no idea why she felt the need to apologise. It's not like she was the one who attacked me. "We're in the lab."

I gasped, jerking upright. The motion only caused me to feel dizzy, I sank back down onto my elbows. "Oh my God, he shot me! The loser who shot you, shot me! God, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." I grumbled, my body aching as I tried to sit up.

"He shot you with a tranquilliser bullet." Blue told me.

"So...we've been kidnapped?" I opened my eyes to see Blue laying on the floor opposite to me. "How can they do that? Wouldn't they be caught doing shit like this?" I asked. "More importantly, how are we going to escape?"

I heard Blue sigh, sounding frustrated and anxious. "I wish I knew the answer to those questions. If I could, I probably would have been able to escape before now."

"You escaped before. How did you do it. We can just do the same thing as you did last time." I thought of anything to help get us out of here.

My eyes were slowly starting to adjust to the lighting, the only light coming from a tiny, dim light in the ceiling. I frantically searched the small room for a way out. There wasn't much, a tiny bed in the corner, a small toilet on the other side and window that wouldn't even fit a baby.

"It took me weeks to figure out a plan. I had to knock a couple of guards out, break the security cameras and memorise codes for the doors. We can't do it, not like this anyway." She referred to how we can't even stand up right yet.

"I don't think we'll be leaving this room any time soon."