12. I'm Sorry For This

"What took you so long?" I asked with a smile as Ethan finally came through his bedroom door with dinner for us. I hadn't eaten anything in days, I needed to get some food in me if I wanted my wounds to heal quicker.

He groaned, sitting down next to me and handing me a plate full of food. "Grayson is what happened." He took a bite. "He kept pestering me. Thank God he left. He wanted to know if we had kis—" He stopped mid sentence, his cheeks turning red in colour.

"Wanted to know if we had what?" I asked, confused.

"He wanted to know if he had kissed yet."

The thought had never occurred to me. Probably because I had never experienced a kiss in my entire life. I wasn't even sure exactly what I was supposed to do during one. But now that was all I could think about.

"Kissing?" I finally managed to get out. Kiss Ethan? What would it be like?

Then, a smirk found its way onto Ethan's lips. "I just realised you've probably never kissed a boy before."

I narrowed my eyes, for some reason feeling a little defensive on the subject. "Well, it's not as if there were many teenage boys running around a top-secret facility. I never even seen a boy before, let alone kissed one."

Ethan scooted closer to me. "Sorry, its just hard for me to imagine what your life was like. A life without, phones, the internet, school and other kids just seems so...impossible."

"Your life seemed impossible to me."

His face turned sympathetic. "They were so unfair to you. I'm glad you got out of there, Blue. I wish you got out sooner. You deserve a happy life." He told me.

"Coming from you makes me believe that." I said quietly, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

Interrupting up, there was a knock at the door. Ethan looked at me. "Stay here, okay?" He said, leaving the plate behind him and hurrying downstairs. When nothing happened for a while, I began to become nervous. I walked towards the top of the stairs, listening closely. I heard nothing, but I could smell something; Blood.

My stomach filled with nervous energy and my heart was pounding, and as soon as I heard a groan and yell of pain, I practically leaned down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. I came to a halt at the kitchen door, my eyes widening and my throat becoming dry.

He was standing at the kitchen table, standing with such authority and power and lying across the table, smeared in blood was Ethan. His nose and mouth were oozing blood, he looked bruise and battered and his eyes were barely open. Sir was holding a knife just above Ethan's arm, ready to slice his arm open again.

"Get away from him." I said through clenched teeth. My fists were clenched either side of me, my vision becoming red with anger.

Sir raised his hand. "On one condition."

I hesitated, but didn't relax. "What?" I spat, narrowing my eyes in pure hatred for this man.

"Come with me, with no fight." He looked down at Ethan. "If you do, I'll let him go."

"Come back with you?" The sorta tasted sour in my mouth. "Never!"

Sir sighed. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this." He said, as if he actually cared about what he was going to do. He pulled out a black handgun from his waistband, a real gun, not like the tranquilliser guns that I was used to seeing. He shoved the trigger against Ethan's temple, finger on the trigger.

"Stop!" I took a couple of steps forward.

Sir smiled with cold satisfaction, knowing he had struck a nerve. "Does this mean we've come to a decision then, Blue?"

I hated the way he was watching me, as if he had already won this. But even though I was ready to fight him, I knew Sir was right. He had already won. I wasn't going to let him hurt the people I cared about. This was why I feared Sir so much, he got into peoples head and manipulated them.

"How can I trust that you won't hurt him after?" I asked, my eyes glued to Ethan.

"Trust in me is all you have, Blue." Sir spoke. "You'll just have to take my word for it."

"Take the gun away from him." I muttered, my eyes darted to him.

Sir and shook his head. "I'm sorry for this." He lifted up the gun and aimed it at me.

Before I had time to think, a dart hit my chest. I stared down at the tranquilliser in my chest, I only realised he was bluffing the whole
time. I could've saved Ethan, I could've saved him...

Darkness consumed me.