7. He's Never Late, Never

"You know, you're going to have to tell me at one point." Ethan argues as soon as Grayson leaves his bedroom, then sits down next to my on the bed.

"No I don't." I mumbled, not daring to make eye contact with him. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"I saved you, though. It's only fair you tell me." He tells me, a lopsided grin taking over his lips.

"Not necessary..." I shot him a smile back.

"Come on." He probed, scooching  closer to me on he edge. I moved further away from him, only for him to inch closer again. I huffed, will I ever win with this boy?

"It's complicated. You wouldn't understand." I mumbled, staring at my sock covered feet, which were not staring to become blurry from the tears that were forming in my eyes. I quickly blinked them away.

"Then let me understand." Ethan placed his hand on my thigh, causing me to involuntarily jump up from the bed. I wasn't used to contact. Ethan's eyes widened as he stared at me, curiosity and sympathy swarming them. That's exactly what I didn't need, sympathy. Not from Ethan, not from anyone. "I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"No, don't be. Really. It's me. I'm not really used to..." I trailed off, thinking of the right word to say. "Contact."
Ethan stared at me for a couple of seconds, not saying anything. I sat down next to him, making sure to keep a good distance. Ethan turned to me, his soft hazel eyes pooling into
my blue ones.

"Who hurt you, Blue?" His tone was soft and gentle, like he was afraid I'd break at any moment.

I sighed. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." The tears were now beginning to come back.

"Please." He pleaded. "Tell me."

I shut my eyes.

FLASHBACK

I lay on the uncomfortable metal bed, staring at the ceiling. I've been in this position for hours, nothing but white walls surrounding me. I look my my left, glaring at the steel door with so many locks and codes that it would take me hours to open it. Trust me, I've tried. Four hours later and I could only get through three of the locks.

I was waiting for him. I started tapping my fingers against the metal bed. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was past midnight. He was never late. Never. He should be here any minute. I could hear a heavy door being opened right before the door to this room. This was my chance!

I grabbed the syringe next to my bed and held it tightly in my hand. My heart was pounding and my hands were beginning to sweat as I sat up off the bed and crept over to the locked door. I heard footsteps coming towards the door and I swallowed hardly. I heard the sound of someone putting in the passkey and swiping it.

Then the locks clicked open.

The door swung open slowly and a pair of feet came into view. The person stepped into the room and froze. He stepped further into the room and scanned the surroundings. I quickly jumped out from behind the door and leaped onto his back. He stumbled, attempting to pull me off but before he could do anything, I jabbed the syringe into his neck, causing his body to go limp. I jumped off of him before his body hit the floor with a thud.

I smiled in triumph and searched his pockets for anything useful. I found a gun and a taser. I took the bullets out of the gun and threw them in the cabinet and disassembled the gun. I grabbed his key and dragged him across the room, throwing him into the locker.

I swiped the card in the slot and opened the door, peeking around the corner to see a guard walking up and down the hall. He held his gun tightly in his right hand and I chewed on my lip, thinking how on earth do I get out of this?

I ducked around the corner and held the taser tightly in my hands. I waited for him to pass by me, before jabbing the device into his leg. He screamed before hitting the floor, I quickly pressed it into his chest before he went unconscious. I beamed in success and grabbed his ankles, hauling him into the nearest closet.

Then I closed the door, tiptoeing quietly down the dimly lit hallway. I stopped when I got to the guard at the end of the hall. He was lounging back in a chair, staring at the security, oblivious to the fact that I was standing right behind of him. He was practically falling asleep. I hurried past him, praying to god he didn't wake up or see me. By morning they'll probably realise one of their most important assets is missing, but by they time they realise it, I'll be half way across the country.

I made it to a staircase, it was the direct way out of this place. I kicked the door open and headed for the 25 flights of stairs I would have to climb. My ears and legs were sore by the time I was almost at the top, considering I was always put on the bottom floor.

I didn't stop running until I got to the very end of the stairs, I kicked open the exit door. A blast of cool air rushed to my face, I realised I was outside. I hadn't been outside in months.

Finally, I was away from them.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Blue...Blue, are you there?"

I shot my eyes open, standing up quickly. "I-I..."

Just then, there was a knock on the door.