9. Is It About Death?

"Come on, I'm taking you out of the house." Ethan picked up my hand and before I could protest he silenced me with his hand. "And before you say anything, I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

His words were somewhat reassuring, but I still didn't know if I could believe him or not. If Sir came to take me, Ethan wouldn't be able to stop him.

Ethan led me outside and towards his sleek black car. He unlocked the car with a button attached to his keys and opened the car door for me. I got in and thanked him, feeling a blush creep over my cheeks. No one had ever done that for me.

He got in his side and put the key in, turning it and suddenly the car roared to life. Sounds came out of the cars radio and I listened to the foreign noise. "Nothing good is ever on the radio. All they play is shitty pop songs." Ethan rolled his eyes.

"Let's listen to anything." I said, with a hint of urgency, I was afraid he'd turn the radio off completely. I wanted to know what music nowadays was like.

"Well, what kind of music do you like?" Ethan asked me.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"I guess we could listen to rock music, maybe you like that." Ethan reached forward and turned a dial, changing the station. Instantly, horrible screaming and heavy, what sounded to be a guitar of some sort, floored my ears. "You ever heard of this song?"

I could hardly understand the words of the song over the growling and shouting, the banging of instruments. Ethan laughed at my horrified expression, "I guess you haven't."

"Is...Is it about death?"

Ethan thought about it for a moment, "You know, I don't really know. Probably, I mean, it is rock music. They talk about crazy shit." He laughed. "It's not meant to be taken seriously, Blue. It's just a song."

"Maybe you don't like rock then." He turned the dial again and changed radio stations. I prepared my for more noise that was about to come out of the radio. This time, a quick, repetitive beat came out of the radio, with a nice sounding voice singing words that rhymed. This was something I liked!

"This is Shawn Mendes, If I Can't Have You." Ethan chuckled, "So you like pop then?"

"You don't?" This song made me feel like I wanted to move, my foot started tapping against the ground before I could think about it.

"Oh well," Ethan smirked. "We can listen to this if you want. Is it loud enough?" Ethan turned the volume up higher. I grinned and let out a laugh, barely noticing how Ethan had already pulled out of the driveway and was now cruising down the street. I shut my eyes, my head leaned back, humming along to the song.

Just as the song was about to end, Ethan turned the radio off and we were not engulfed into silence. I opened my eyes and my body jolted skin awareness. I looked over at Ethan questioningly.

"I think we're being followed." He whispered.