6. Soda?

I woke up to the feeling of the sun shining in through the blinds onto my face in Ethan's room. Surprisingly, I actually slept. I don't remember the last time I actually had a nice, peaceful sleep in a bed. Usually I slept in doorways of peoples houses or on benches. Ethan's bed felt much better.

I opened my eyes and sat up, feeling a pair of eyes on me. I looked up, noticing a boy standing in the doorway, his shoulder leaned against the door frame and arms crossed. He looked just like Ethan, except his hair wasn't as dark as his. I sat up immediately, my eyes widening.

"So my brother wasn't lying when he said he had a girl in his bed." The boy grinned, walking further into the room. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, unsure of what to do or say.
This boy looked exactly like Ethan, could they be twins?

"I'm Grayson." He stuck his hand out for me to shake, smiling warmly at me. I relaxed slightly. "Ethan's brother." He added. I hesitantly shook Grayson's hand and looked away from him.

"I'm Blue." I muttered out.

"Blue?" Grayson raised an eyebrow. I nodded. "That's an interesting name. Pretty, I like it." He laughed, showing off his perfect white teeth. "Sorry if I scared you by the way. I just wanted to see if Ethan was lying or not." He apologised.

"Well, I didn't really have much of a choice coming here." I blurted out, instantly regretting it. I slapped a hand over my mouth. "T-That's not what I mea—"

Grayson cocked an eyebrow, narrowing his eyes at me. "My brother, he didn't..." He trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"No, God no." I quickly cut him off; shaking my head vigorously. "That came out wrong. I—your brother, saved me, I guess." I muttered out, looking down at my hands.

He did save me, I'll give him that. But it's not like I wanted to be saved. I can take care of myself. You're lying, the voice in my head said. I shook my head at myself, knowing that the voice in my head was right. I would never admit that to Ethan. He'd have a field day if he knew he was right.

"He saved you?" Grayson asked and my silence provided him with the answer. "From who?" He came closer
to me, sitting down next to me on Ethan's bed.

"I...No one." I lied, mentally slapping myself for the lame lie.

"Grayson, stop provoking our guest. Clearly you're scaring her." Another voice spoke from the doorway, causing our heads to turn. Ethan was standing in the doorway of his bedroom, his shoulder against the door frame and a small grin was evident on his lips.

"Sorry," Grayson rolled his eyes. "I was just getting to know Blue, apparently you saved her from someone." Grayson stood up, looking over at his brother.

"That's what I'm still trying to find out." Ethan flickered his eyes over to me, curiosity swimming in his hazel orbs. I swallowed and averted my gaze to the floor.

Grayson cleared his throat awkwardly. "Well, I'm gonna leave you too alone. It was nice meeting you, Blue." I looked up to see Grayson smiling comfortingly at me.

I smiled lightly back and nodded my head. "You too." With that, Grayson left the room, leaving me and Ethan alone.

Ethan Dolan

"Here, I brought you a drink. I figured you'd need a bit of energy, you seem tired." I handed Blue the can of soda. She took the can from me, looking at it curiously.

"Thanks." She muttered, but instead of opening it right away, she stared at the metal tab on top, seeming clueless on how to open it. Her face twisted in confusion.

I smiled lightly, taking the soda can from her hands and popping it open easily. Her face flushed with what I could only presume as embarrassment and I handed it back to her. I watched as she inspected the can before tilting her head back and drinking some of the drink.

Almost instantly, she started violently coughing. I wondered if it had gone down the wrong pipe or not. Once her coughing fit was over, she glanced at the carbonated drink as if it was a furious beast.

I stared at Blue wide-eyed with confusion. "You've never had soda before?"

"Soda?" She mouthed the word like she had never heard of it before.

"Soda." I waited. "Oh my God, you're serious?" I blurted. Blue looked up at me with something like fear in her eyes and I let out a laugh. Slowly, the horrified look left her eyes and she smiled sheepishly.

"It—It tickled my mouth, it made my nose burn?"

I started laughing harder. "You shouldn't of drank it so fast, you can only do that after practice." I tell her.
She smiled, her whole face lighting up. "Don't worry, I'll teach you how to chug soda. Next will be beer." I gave her a grin.

"Beer?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh you have no idea, Blue."