Chapter 14

"So did you find Riley yesterday?" Nathan ask me while we're still watching a movie.

I look up at him looking down at me from his lap. "Yeah we did." I reply with a smile.

Nathan smiles back, looking relieved. "Thank god. You seemed so worried, and I was too. Riley's your best friend, I know how much she means to you."

His messed up brown hair and hazel eyes make me get lost. His perfect smile and sense of care is what's been keeping me sane for these past few hours.

But I don't deserve any of it.

I start remembering all the events that occurred yesterday and I snap back to harsh cold reality. Lucas and I have something that was close to coming to...

"Nathan," I say, picking up the remote and pausing the movie. I sit up and look at him.

"Yeah?" He has an expression of confusion on his face.

"You know how much I appreciate you right?"

"Of course I do. And I think that I appreciate you even more." He grins.

I start feeling mixed emotions and now I finally understood what all that Edward or Jacob shit was about to that chick in twilight.

I lay my head back down on Nathan's lap and try to think. I begin to get a headache.

"You know I love you." I tell him in a soft voice that could barely be heard.

Nathan turns the TV off, moves his head down quickly and stares at me. His hazel eyes look deep into mine as a genuine smile takes over his face. He lifts my head up a bit and the next thing I know, I find myself in a blissful state.

--------

The butterflies in my stomach rapidly come and go as our lips touch slowly and out hearts beat as one. I carefully sit up, lips still locked, as I brush my hand through his soft hair. He puts his arms slightly around my waist. I break away from him calmly and smile the biggest smile that I have ever given. I laugh and bite my lip and Nathan laughs along as well.

"I love you too Maya." He responds as he wraps his arms around me.

As we lay on the couch together I just can't stop thinking about how I feel that I betrayed someone even though I scientifically didn't....

_______________

I'm so sorry guys! I'm crying for you I'm such a horrible human being for never updating! Tbh it's because I haven't been that active on any social media since school started and I have writers block and I'm stressed so I'm really sorry loves.