Chapter Four

"Riley!" I yell as I get up and try giving her a hug but she pushes me.

"Don't come near me." She demands. I back away.

"Riley it's not what it looks like." Lucas gets up and stands next to me.

"Really? Because it looks like my best friend and my boyfriend were having a picnic date together." Riley throws her hands and moves closer to us, just to step on a grape.

"And what are all these grapes about?!" Riley looks down then back at us.

Me and Lucas glance at each other and I feel like laughing about the grape war again.

"Riles. I was just teaching Lucas about how to impress you. He asked me to do it. I wanted to help so blame me. Not him." I say touching her shoulder. She brushes me away.

"Maya I don't believe you. You're never helpful." She laughs a little. Then her face gets serious again. "One hundred percent remember."

"I am being one hundred percent!" I reply.

"Riley. Riley she's being completely honest right now." Lucas steps in.

"Are you sure?" Riley ask.

"Positive." I say.

"Okay. I forgive you both. Now come here you little brats." She laughs and hugs both of us.

Lucas puts his hand out towards Riley. "Shall we?"

Riley takes his hand. "We shall."

They both walk away smiling.