Chapter Six

After school I decide to take a walk around town to clear my mind. I walk up and down streets. I finally decide to get some pizza so I went into Diminoe's Pizzaria.

I order a small pepperoni with extra cheese and bacon and I sit down. When my pizza comes I take a bite out of it and all my problems disappear.

Everything will be okay.

I get up to get some soda. I get some root beer and try looking for the cap. With my soda in my hand I go to sit down but I accidentally bumped into somebody.

The cap pops open and soda spills everywhere. Especially on the person in front of me.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! I am so sorry!" I yell at the tall figure.

"It's okay." A male voice says but I don't really listen.

"Wait right here. I'm going to get some napkins oh my god." I walk to a table, get some napkins, and run back to the guy.

"Here!" I hand him some napkins and them start rubbing some on his shirt trying to get the soda out.

"It's okay I swear." The guy says.

"No it's not I am so sorry." I say, still rubbing his shirt.

"Uh...I think you're making it worse." He says.

I back away. "I am so..." I look up and see the boys face. He has smooth brown hair and his eyes are a beautiful hazel. "....sorry." I say slowly.

The boy laughs a bit and holds out his hand. "I'm Nathan." He smiles.

I start backing up. "I-I...." I stutter, bumping into a table. "....should get out of here. Now." I head for the door.

"But wait!" I hear his voice fade away as I exit the restaurant.

----------

I walk to Riley's house and climb the emergency stairway that leads to her bedroom.

"Riley?" I ask opening up her window.

"Riles?" I walk into her bedroom and it's empty but the lights are on, so she's home.

I look around her room and look at some of her pictures. I pick up a picture of us when we were in first grade. Riley was wearing a cute sunflower dress and I was wearing shorts and a plain yellow shirt. We were so happy.

I find another picture of her and Lucas. Lucas was giving her a kiss on the cheek and Riley was laughing.

I'm happy for them.

"Maya?" Riley walks into her room. "What's up?" She hugs me and I hug her back.

"I need to tell you something." I say, sitting on her bed.

She sits next to me. "What is?"

"Is it weird that I don't know how to talk to boys?"

Riley starts laughing. "You? Maya Hart? The girl who is fearless, doesn't know how to talk to boys?!" She laughs louder.

"Riley I'm serious." I giggle a little.

"Wait....who did you meet?! MAYA TELL ME!" Riley leans closer to me.

"Well his name is Nathan and that's all I know. That's all I know because after I spilled soda on him, I ran out of the restaurant." I start biting my fingers.

And there's another guy too. Your boyfriend.

"Awh Maya." She puts her hand on my lap.

"It's okay. No boys were ever suppose to like me anyway." I laugh a little.

I stare at Riley for a few seconds with sad eyes. "Just hug me."

Riley hugs me and I start crying.

"Don't worry Maya. I'm here for you."

A swift of love and guilt passes through me. She's always going to be a great friend to me. So why can't I be one to her?....