Not Again Pt.2 Ep.16

Start from the beginning

"It's not your fault," I quietly say.

Yoosung agrees, "No one knew this would happen, the doctor said she should be fine.".

"How do you know she'll be fine?!" Luciel snaps. "Look at her!", he points, "Does that look fine?! How do you know it isn't my fault?!" he says, jabbing his finger in his chest.

'Because, It's my fault...'

The doctor quietly comes in, "You guys sound pretty worked up... I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over, unless you're family, you have to leave.".

'It's my fault. If I hadn't gotten so drunk, or if I had just...'

Luciel takes one last look at the hospital bed before storming out. He mumbles "I can't stand this anymore," under his breath as he leaves the room. Everyone else stands in stunned silence.

Yoosung stands up with an obvious lack of spirit, "We should go...".

"I'm not leaving," I state. rage bubbling up inside me. 'I can't leave after what I've done.'.

"But miss-"

"I said I'm not leaving!" I hiss through gritted teeth. "You can't make me leave! I have a black belt in judo. You- you can't make me," I say fighting back tears.

Zen wraps his arms behind me and hugs me softly but firmly. "Jaehee," he softly speaks, "I know you don't want to leave-".

Ignoring the pain in my head, I croak back "Then you know I'm not going to.".

I hear Jumin's voice behind me, "Give us a moment," he tells the nurse.

He walks up to me, and crouches down, so even though I'm sitting, I can clearly see his face. He opens his mouth and I prepare for a lecture. But instead, his face softens.

He stands back up, "Mister, my father owns this hospital, and this woman here is basically family to the patient," he speaks in the same voice he would use to pitch ideas for investors. One that I'm very familiar with, but still amazes me how he can sound so confident given the situation. "I assure you, if you do us this favor, the facility will receive a generous increase in budget. And possibly a generous raise for you...".

The nurse mulls this over before deciding, "I don't see much harm in it. As long as the lady pretends she is related or married to the patient, it'll be okay this once.".

I give a nod of thanks to Jumin as he exits the room, the others follow behind him. Zen gives me a light hug before leaving.

I stop holding back my tears and let them fall to the floor.

"I'm so sorry," I say through choked sobs. "Why did I yell at, at you? You, you were being stub- no, I should have just let you have your sp-space.". I lay my head on the bed again, covering my head with my arms as I stare at the floor. "If... If I didn't push you to talk these past few days... You wouldn't, you wouldn't be here.".

After an eternity, the sun peeks through the window. Have I really been here all night?

The doctors had come to check in every few hours, they explained MC was in a coma and she would probably wake up in a few days, possibly a few months. It did little to ease the feeling in my chest from seeing her like this.

I feel so... Helpless...

It's because I am. It's my fault she left. I should have stopped her, begged her to stay.

All. My. Fault.

The words echo in my head and I put my hands to the sides of my head and push as if I'll be able to squeeze out the voice. But I know it's true. I know it's right, and theres nothing I can do to stop it.