Sick Day Ep.4

Originally posted on FanFiction.net, Link in bio. This will be an episode behind, so if you want to read ahead, (cause humans are impatient beings), check me out on the other site!

A/N: For the best experience, check out "Someone to you." by The Banners!

.

MC POV

.

It's only been a few days but Jaehee and I have almost completed our task of painting the shop. The reality of the whole ordeal is setting in and the image is coming to light. We've been working for a while and I've noticed that throughout the day, Jaehee seemed to be getting more and more exhausted. Whenever I would try asking what was wrong, I was usually met with the excuse 'I'm fine.' or 'Don't worry about it.', occasionally followed by a sniffle that I assumed to be spring-time allergies.

Eventually, she had slowed down so much, I lied and suggested a break, saying I was tired, to which she gladly agreed. We sit on the ground together, the room completely silent. But after resting for a few minutes, she stood up and tried working again.

Sounding drained, with a rough voice, Jaehee starts "MC, we should really finish painting the-", before shoving her nose in her arm and letting out a huge sneeze. "Painting the...", she sneezes again.

"Jaehee?" I say, getting increasingly worried. "Are you alright?".

"I'm fine. We should really get back to work now." she says with a sniffle.

"You aren't fine." I argue. "You've been like this all day! Let me check your temperature.".

I move to touch her forehead but she ducks back. "I'm alright, MC. We have work to do.".

Softly, I coax, "Jaehee, please let me check. I'm getting worried.".

She relents and lets me feel her head. Flinching slightly as I place my comparably cold hand on her burning head. "I'm sick, alright?" she admits. I remove my hand and she coughs slightly, saying "Can we get back to work now. We have so much left to do...".

There's a hint of exhaustion in her voice. I can tell she's fighting to maintain basic human functions by the way she sways slightly on her feet. She must have been really pushing herself.

"Your temperature is really high." I tell her. "Please let yourself rest, you're obviously barely still up.".

She opens her mouth to try and make an excuse, but nothing comes. "Fine." she surrenders.

Being obviously dizzy, I help her hobble up the stairs and take her to bed.

Tucking her in, "Let me get you some lemon tea. It will help with the cold.".

She mumbles, "Thank you, MC.", shifting a little in the covers and turning on her side.

I give her a warm smile, telling her "Always." before exiting the room and shutting the door behind me.

'Gosh, so she is sick. I wish I had noticed sooner so she wouldn't have worked herself so hard.'

I set the pot on for her tea as I look for some cold medicine. After thoroughly searching the bathroom, I couldn't find it anywhere. Did we run out? I don't want to leave Jaehee alone...

"I'm going to need some backup." I say to myself.

I pull out my phone to text Seven.

.