What's This Feeling? Ep.6

Originally posted on FanFiction.net, Link in bio. This will be an episode behind, so if you want to read ahead, (cause humans are impatient beings), check me out on the other site!

This is a music chapter! This chapter includes lines from the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. If you aren't familiar with the song, I recommend you listen before hand. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Mystic Radio Ep. 6: What's This Feeling?

.

~~~

MC POV

.

I get home from Seven's place and find Jaehee on the couch, glasses on, furiously typing, with several papers scattered around.

"What are you doing?" I ask, placing my keys in the bowl. "And why are you wearing your glasses?" I laugh.

Without taking her eyes off the screen. "Oh hello MC. It's kind of weird, but they seem to help me focus. Perhaps the years of wearing them at work has trained my mind.".

I sit down next to her. "So like, super attention-focusing glasses?".

It takes her a while to respond, "That's one way of putting it.".

It's kind of cute seeing her so focused, but I also wonder what it would be like if one day I could get that bee-line attention aimed at me. I pick up a paper, reading it out-loud "Nick's Coffee Plantation...". I turn to her, paper still in hand, "Are you working on getting suppliers already?".

She replies with a somewhat cheery 'Mhmm'.

"Is there anything I can do to help?".

Breaking her eye-contact with the screen for the first time, she says "No it's fine. This is nothing compared to what I'd do for Jumin.".

"How long have you been working?" I ask.

"I started about when you left this morning.".

That was like four hours ago.

"Please tell me you ate something.".

She pauses her typing to answer, "No...".

"What?!".

"You went to Luciel's and I wasn't that hungry so I just drank some coffee." she defends.

"Ok nope.". I fold her laptop closed, "You need a break, its past noon and you haven't eaten anything.".

"But-"

"No buts. C'mon, I'll make us some lunch." I insist, sliding her glasses off and placing them on the coffee table.

I head towards the kitchen, hearing her mumble 'Fine' as she starts coming over as well.

Sitting at the counter, she asks "How was Luciel?" as she watches me prepare a salad.

"He's fine. I went over to keep him some company and force him to eat and go outside." I say as I start assembling sandwiches.

Jaehee lets out a cute little giggle, covering her mouth "So are you his babysitter now?".

"Feels like it sometimes." I laugh. "If I am, I don't get paid enough.".

Shaking her head lightly, "I don't think there's enough money in the world.".