"They sparred until night and she defeated him, everything his men had stolen was returned back to the village but the girl was simply unforgettable and the Captain had no intention of leaving the village without the girl who's name he found out to be Geia. He asked her to come with him but she refused without hesitation. The Captain had never wanted something more in his life."

"He stayed in an attempt to win her heart over like she had his. It took him weeks but eventually she gave in and they then got married. But little did the Captain know that the Gods were watching and with a weakness as strong as his love for Geia, it was too easy for the Gods. One night the Erinyes were sent to visit Captain Poison Jack by the Gods."

"The Erinyes were furies who punished men for their crimes against natural order. You would be able to identify the Erinyes sisters as they were winged women with arms and waists entwined with poisonous serpents. They wielded spears and were clothed in short-length skirts and boots of huntress-maidens. The purpose of they're journey was to subject the Captain to a curse where he would lose all of his riches, including his most prized possession, his wife."

"After subjected to the curse, he was then sent to below and was never to be seen again. The curse caused his wife to forget he had ever existed and his riches to wander the many seas aimlessly. The curse was created in a way that it could never be broken by any mortal. Captain Poison Jack's treasure still wanders the many seas, with all its riches, if you were ever to come across the treasure you would be the luckiest fool to have ever existed."

"I'm going to find the treasure one day" I stated to my mother as my eyes then peeked up at her, she looked down at me with an impressed smile.

"If you do my little monkey, be careful, the faintest of riches can corrupt anyone" she whispered softly as her eyes then made they're way back up to the roof of the fort. 

"Mother.. Why did the Gods only send the Erinyes after Captain Poison Jack had fallen in love?" I asked as it seemed strange for the Gods to only curse the Captain after he had fallen in love and not when he only had his love for his riches.

"Because, a pirates most potent weakness is his love for another and the Gods understand this very well which was why they only sent the Erinyes after Captain Poison Jack had fallen in love with Geia" my mother answered "and if you ever see the Erinyes with a pirate Captain as foreboding as Captain Poison Jack, its because his love has become cursed."

The warm memory was then suddenly forgotten as the sound of footsteps replaced her soothing voice, the memory of my mother becoming a blurred image, slowly retreating back into my mind. 

I began to stir uncomfortably in the tight hold pressing me against a hard surface as I groggily started to peel my eyes open, a painfully annoying throb suddenly seized my head causing me to groan obnoxiously at the unbearable pain penetrating my skull. 

I forced my eyes to stretch open as cold light suddenly drowned my vision, the image of the bottom of a persons sharp jaw came into view and as they looked down at me with those familiar piercing emerald eyes, I realized who it was. Captain Axel Dieter had me secured in his strong arms' embrace as the Captain and the remainder of his crew members walked through the cavern, some men carrying torches to light the way of the Caverns tunnels and some men bearing the weight of an injured friend leaning against them for support.

I softly pushed the Captain away slightly so that I could sit properly and comfortably in his grasp as I then caressed my head that throbbed with pain. "What happened" I whispered softly, scared that if I made a noise any louder my head would explode. I opened my eyes to find Captain Axel Dieter's penetrating emerald eyes locked onto me.