5.1

Dante [Don-tay]^^

Dante [Don-tay]^^

The restless flames within the fireplace breathed the lounge room to life with its warm light that reached for the room, the soft crackling of the fire the only sound that could be heard. I patiently sat in the comfort of the olive green velvet chair situated in a cozy corner in the living room as I waited for my mother to tell me the tale of Captain Poison Jack like she did every other night. When she finally sauntered into the room, slipping a silk robe over her night gown, I immediately grinned as I raised myself on the velvet surface of the chair and began to bounce up and down excitedly. She gave me a warm smile as she approached me.

"You ready my little monkey" She said, impersonating the voice of a pirate. I eagerly nodded in response as I then lept from the velvet chair's surface and then extended my arms pleadingly toward her so that she could pick me up and put me in her lap, but with my arms raised in the air, that only left me vulnerable and her with the opportunity to tickle me. I roared with laughter as she seized me with her wriggling fingers, my body writhing under her tickling hold, she looks at me with a large grin on her face. 

We soon later settled, occasionally letting out a burst of giggles, as she then picked me up and placed me on her lap as she sat us down on the surface of the velvet chair, softly moving my hair from my face. She then lightly pinched my nose, giving me another wide grin.

"Look at how big and strong you've grown" she said, looking at me with her kind blue eyes that I had inherited from her "you are just as handsome as your father" she stated as she then softly prodded my nose with her index finger teasingly. My mother then rose from the velvet surface of the chair, carefully placing me back down onto the chair, as she then began to make our famous pillow fort. Once completed, she beckoned me to come over to join her. We both snuggled up together as we lay on the floor, smothered by cushions, finally ready to begin. 

"Captain Poison Jack was the most cruelest man to have ever wandered through these lands" She started, holding me closely as we looked to the roof of the pillow fort as she painted the tale of Captain Poison Jack with her words. "He murdered whoever he pleased and pillaged wherever he pleased. No ruler knew what to do, they tried stopping the Captain countless times but nobody knew how to since the Captain could not be stopped as he was too powerful. But then one day, when he was pillaging a village near the city of Peinsilir, robbing its people of they're riches, he was unexpectedly stopped by a beautiful women."

"She had long, golden hair and eyes that were so blue that they made the ocean jealous, which is a very difficult thing to do. Captain Poison Jack couldn't help but become mesmerized by the girls beauty that it even stopped him in his tracks. She then spoke to him knowing that she had the Captains attention, 'turn back now or I will fight for my friends and family.' Captain Poison Jack was simply amused and decided to humor himself in accepting her challenge. He had thought to himself that if anyone were to stop him it was definitely not going to be a scrawny village girl, everyone who had been sent to stop him were champions of their village, big and strong men taller then trees who had easily been defeated by Captain Poison Jack."