A Game of Risks

Life in Riverdale was far from normal. You can never turn a corner without running into a murder. Yet, the town still runs as if nothing was going on. They prepared for homecoming and the next football game. People were running around the school throwing prehomecoming party's, having hoco proposals, acting as if they weren't upset their crush hadn't asked them. You thought it was funny. That everyone put so much into one dance that they won't remember in ten years let along ten. But, they act as if this is the biggest thing they will do in their lives. That's not how you wanted to live. You wanted more from your high school experience. That didn't mean that you wanted to go around solving all of the crimes of Riverdale like Elizabeth and Forsythe, or being a vigilante like Archibald, or throwing money around to try to make yourself feel better like Veronica. You were documenting everything that was going in the school. All of it. From the Ghoulie boys throwing that Fangs Fogarty over the ledge. To the passing of Fred Andrews. Each event had shaped the school differently people mourned the death of Mr Andrews, they made the parade in his honor and everyone showed up to his funeral. They made a memorial for them, as they had for every person before. Though, they had all shot him down when he had tried to make the town a better place. They all ridiculed his ideas and said he was blind.
    No one had looked back at the scandals of the past year. No one cared about the farm's disappearance. No one cared that someone had started making kids kill themselves all year. No one cared about the ex-gang, alcoholic, criminal; now being the sheriff of the town. And, they stopped talking about the black hood escaping and then being found shot. They stopped talking about the Andrews boy being sent to juvie and then escaping to Canada. And, you thought it was ridiculous how quickly people got over all of it.  But you didn't. And, you wouldn't. It was your dream to expose Riverdale for its true terrors.
  "Hey," Betty snaps you out of your daze. "What are you working on?"
   "Just a paper for English," you lie easily.
   "I can help if you'd like. With Jughead at Stonewall I haven't had much to do," she said. "And, with my mom back in town."
   "Oh, well I don't need help with my paper," you say. "But, you can help me with something else." She raises a brow. "Can you get me some time with Fangs and Kevin? And maybe a few other Farm members?"
   "I can try. Can I ask, what for?" She asks.
   "Well, you just did," you muse. "Do you really want to know?" She nods and you stand up gathering your things. "Follow me." You bring her outside to the farthest table in the yard. "I have been working on my own Riverdale Documentary for some time now. I am going to expose Riverdale for all of its horrors and criminals there are. And, as soon as I can do this. I will move on to more small towns with the same problems as we have here. Greendale next, you know they have had a large sum of disappearances and deaths. Even their weather is different there."
    "You sound like my mother," Betty laughs. "It's strange."
    "Well, someone has to do it and I know, Alice is trying... But, I know I can do this, I just need evidence," you say.
   "I'll call Kev," B said.
   "Thanks B. I've gotta go," you say getting up again. "I'd appreciate it, if you didn't say anything about this. Please."
   "Of course. But, I think you should stay clear of the second wing on your way to class. It will be full of the lame homecoming posters and couples," she warns.
  "Thanks."
  You listen to her words as you leave through the yard instead of the hall, walking to your car pulling your coat tighter. You sit for a moment, silently, in your car. Writing down what had just happened between Betty and yourself. Writing down how Betty was so willing to put the helpless victims of the farm in your hands as if they hadn't just been brutally treated by their so called leader. Cults. Maybe you were a hypocrite. Using them and getting the things you want. Using their vulnerability for your own sake. You wrote about that too. How you grew up learning how to manipulate and use. But, now you were going to Stonewall to actual work done and to see Forsythe.
   "Hey Y/N," Moose smiles. "Come to see Jughead?"
   "Is that his name here? I thought everyone went by their actual names," you say. "Moose."
   "Well, Miss Cavanagh, I hope your studying goes well. Remember the tie," he smiled.
   "Do you know where he is? He doesn't know I'm here," you say. "I've been caught up in trying to get work done, to tell him."
   "Down wing G and he is in room 3007," he said. "Use the main staircase to get to the third floor."
   "I know how to get there. I'm a student remember?" You wink. "Much love to you and your hookup of the day." You decent up the stairs to find the boy. You pass a few classes that were in session before getting to the seventh room. You knock lightly.
   "It's open."
   "Hello," you say. "I'm looking for Forsythe Jones."
   "Well that's me, so you've come to the right place," he smiled. "Shut the door behind you."
   "Sir, yes, sir," you smirk shutting the door behind you and leaning against it. "Anything else?"
    "You could come over here," he shrugs.
    "Or?"
    "Or, I could make you," he slid his over sweater off. "You know, your coat is long enough for you not to wear anything underneath."
   You bite the inside of your cheek before saying, "is that how you want me to come next time? I mean what's the fun in that? I thought you liked... undressing me." You slid your hands up your side and undid your top button, slowly undoing each.
   He rose a brow, "I do." He raised his finger and motioned you to come forwards. "You didn't tell me you were coming today." His hand held your chin. His dark hair weighed over his eyebrows as he placed his lips on yours for a moment. "Why?"
    "Thought I would surprise you. I've got an interview with some of the victims of the farm later today." He rose a brow. "Yeah, Betty gave me an interview."
   "What have I said about saying her name," he tsked. "What have I said about it?"
   "Not to?"
    "And?"
    "And if I do, you would punish me."
   "And that I will do," his voice was hushed as his hand fell from your face to your hip.
    "Here?"
    "Why wouldn't it be?"
    "It's open. The door doesn't lock," you say. "It's definitely risky. What if she were to come? She could barge through those doors at any time. Your teachers. Peers."
    "Let them," he said. "Betty will not be coming today."
    "Why not?"
   "Does it matter? So many questions."
  "I'm sorry."
     "Do not, apologize for wanting to become better. I applaud it. But, you've mentioned her again," he spun you. "So, that means I will get two of my favorite punishments." You bite back a smile. "How does that sound?"
    "Like I was bad and you need to punish me or I'll do it again," you say and he loosened his tie and ran it through his fingers. You put your hands behind your back expectantly.
    "Not yet," he said. "I think I'm gonna do something different this time." The tie met your eyes and then was wrapped twice around your eyes then tied. "I am gonna put these in your ears." Headphones were placed and music began playing. Your senses were over rode as he moved your body swiftly. Your coat fell to the floor and the skirt shifted between your legs as he moved you across the floor. He sat you on a hard surface, probably the large desk in the front of the room. Then, you felt nothing. Not even his presence. You move your hands to your blindfold but they're slapped down. Your right headphone was taken out. "Don't move."
    "Sir, yes, sir," you say. You feel distant vibrations rumble up the desk and floor. He was moving something. "I'm getting bored..." His hand held your chin facing it up. He was gentle as his lips met yours. His other hand forced your legs apart exposing your underwear. His other hand pinched at your thighs and scratched. You were heating up in your core. His teeth but down on your bottom lip and pulled. He moved down to your neck and his teeth but down on your neck and his jaw moved as he let go. You sigh at the sensation and become jello to his touch. He undid your tie and pulled it off. His fingers are quick as he unbuttoned your shirt and pulled it off. He used something running it down your skin. Poking your chest and stomach then thighs. Running up and down your body as his lips come back to yours. He stops poking at you with the object and pulls the headphones from your ears. You were ready to explode.
    "Stand." You do. "Take off the the tie." You pull it from your face. "Put your shirt back on."
   "What's going on?"
    "We have work to do, remember?" He smirked. "You wanted some information on Moose and a few kids here at Stonewall. Well, I have their file here. I've gotten to know them and their affiliations. All here." He hands you a folder. "I've dug up as much as I could in the short period."
    "I'm sure it will be fine," you say putting the folder in your bag. "Do you want to go back to your room then?"
    "No," he said. "I've got class in five minutes. So do you, Miss Cavanagh." You scrunch your nose. "Meet me in my dorm after?"
    "Will do," you smile. "But, I can't be late on meeting Betty. Got my interviews. Wanna help film it?"
    "That sounds risky," He said. "You really are on a roll today."
    "It will be for extra credit," you shrug. "Tell her it's for school. Forsythe..." You run your fingers down his arm.
    "Let me see what I can do," he said. "I mean our projects do go together."
    "Exactly. You write and I film. It will be perfect. Then when you get back from Betty you can come see me," you say. "You know, my very own room."
    "Like I said. Let me see what I can do," he said. "Now, we've gotta get to class."
    "Fine," you sigh handing him his tie. "No kiss? After all of the teasing you just put me through. I'm gonna be hot for the entirety of class."
    "I know," he said and kissed your cheek quickly. "Think about me."
    "You're so different," you laugh. "Since your first few weeks here. You're bad, Forsythe Jones the third."
    "See you later," he said leaving the class with a cocky smirk. "And, hey, be careful. You're getting to risky, talking to Betty. Getting the farmies to trust you. What did you tell her?" He stops in the doorway.
"I told her I am making a documentary trying to expose Riverdale and all of its Horrors. It's the truth," you shrug. "I just didn't give all of the detail." His jaw tightens. "Don't worry, Jones, I led her to a secluded place and told her nothing of you. Though she's growing bored and lonely. I suggest you see her soon. Her moms just come home and she is going to throw herself down the wrong hole."
"I'll give her something else to work on. You need to stay low in the mean time. Talk to your members of the farm, but leave her out," he said. "I mean it." The warning bell rings.
"Get to class little Jones," you smile. "Remember that I may be submissive in bed, but I will not fall because somebody tells me to. I will only say this once, keep your girlfriend out of my way. I can not have her meddling down the wrong hole and screwing my work up."
"Betty is not going to do anything," he promised. "I told you that I am going to give her more work. I'll lead her towards Penelope Blossom."
"That's a rabbit hole," you say. "Give her something she can solve. Penelope Blossom is not that."
"Don't worry it will keep her preoccupied. Now, you have class too," he said leaving the room completely. You finish fixing your clothes and hurry to class.
"Hello, Miss Cavanagh, I'm glad you finally showed up. How is your research going?" Mr Drew asked.
"Amazing, actually. I think I am coming to something that will really bring my project to life. Of course it is just the beginning," you shrug. "I'm sure more lies beneath the disgusting rock of Riverdale."
"Now, class, do you see that? Miss Cavanagh works to no end to finish. Follow that passion. If it makes you feel powerful, do it. If it heals the nothingness inside you, do it. If you think that you can make a difference. Leap for the stars. Your father will be pleased with your work. Now, sit because I do have a class to teach."
"Sir, who's her father?"
"Ah, I believe now is the time to have a lesson on financial and social ranks. As you know there are three classes. Upper, middle, and lower. Most of you are in the higher middle class. Though some come from the upper. Miss Cavanagh comes from all of them. Her father, who will not be named for her sake, was born homeless. He worked since childhood to become a lower middle class member. He put himself through primary school. He taught himself to read, to write, and the basic skills we all have so easily. He grew up alone, he knew the hardships everyone out there has. And, he guilted the rich men and women into giving him what he wanted. He got into school by writing about his parents abandoning him in the streets. How he sold himself for food and warmth. That is when he realized something else." He pauses to look at you for a moment. "He changed his name and he used his skills to bring down some of the wealthiest men in the City. He printed their secrets for everyone to see."
"That is how father dearest got his start. Now, he is a brilliant mind behind some of the largest federal scandals in the country," you say. "But, I am not allowed to take on anything so big. I have to work my own before I can help him with the business."
"But, there is one thing you all need to know when you work so deep. If you get too deep you forget the picture and you become close with them," Mr Drew says. "Miss Cavanagh is taught differently, yes?"
"Of course," you said. "I am strong and taught not to fall for those who will cloud your judgement. No weakness if you don't love anyone." You say biting your cheek. "I was never shown any kind of parental love. My mother, she is dead. Died when I was born. My father, never around and when he is. I only get a series of questions about school and my work. That is all. My nanny, she cleans my room then does my laundry. So, you could say that this is my way of getting my father's affection."
"So, you have no one? Isn't that lonely? Does that mean you seek love from others? Like women? That would be hot."
"Does your pea brain not comprehend? I do not have time to love anyone," you snap. "And, if you really would like to know, I am attracted to someone who is intellectually fueled. Someone who understands my worth and my rage. Which is not you because if you payed any attention to the things we read in class. You would understand that I am actually much like the characters in our stories.So, leave your prude comments to your dense head."
"Oh come on," he said. "Everyone loves something. Someone. If you seen the point of our stories, you would understand that everyone needs love in their lives. Everyone has someone they love. Maybe you haven't seen it yet. Or maybe you have. So tell me. Who do you love? Who is it that makes your cold heart sing? Who is it that makes your insides jump?"
"If I made intrude," someone raises a hand. "Your father sounds like an ass. And, as much as your loyalties live gracefully and impressively, if I may add."
"What is your point? Of course my father is an ass. Who isn't? But, he made me understand that no one in this life truly care about you until you have something and are somebody. He also taught me that there is a beautiful world out there when you have everything. He told me to for it. So I am. And, I want everything so it's only fit that I go for it."
"My point is that it's lonely," he said. "And, even someone who was taught not to feel, would feel lonely still. Do you feel lonely? Like the characters you so easily compare yourself to. Do you feel lonely as well?"
"I wouldn't know any other feeling," you swallow. "Now would I?" The bell signals that class is over. "Don't judge me so easily. You don't know me."
"I think I do though," he said. "But, I would love to hear more of your thoughts."
"Sorry, but I have my own research," you say. "Find someone else to be your pet." He laughs as you leave. "Laughing is a extreme turn off. So, if you think acting a cocky, prick will not help you get into my skirt. None of you will be getting down there."
"Come on.... not even for a bite?" He asked and you continued walking.
"Betty," you pull your phone to your ear. "When will I be meeting with you and Kevin?"
"Kevin is meeting you at Pop's as asked. But, I don't think that I can come along. Jug asked me to help him with something."
"That is fine," you smile. "Go be with your boyfriend and help him. I am just asking a few questions. Promise. I've gotta go, my mom is freaking over the trash. See you later."
"Yeah, bye," she said.
You knock on the rooms door as the line goes dead. A gruff 'come in' was heard and you push yourself in. "Hello, I've got something for you."
He turns in his desk chair, "what is that?"
"A little piece of information for you," you shrug. "Betty called me." He nods. "She relinquished her help. So, she is all yours to keep out of my way. I am gonna get Fangs to tell me everything. And, I am going to get exactly what I want."
"Well, we aren't here for anything else. We both get our needs," he nods. "Now, I was working." He turns to his laptop. "Why'd you come?"
"I don't know," you say running your fingers along the back of his shoulders. "Maybe to get what I came for earlier." You turn him again and sit in his lap. "Or something along those lines?"
"I'd like to... But, I have work to do. Remember? Our projects," his voice was soft. "I have to work."
"Well, what if I did this." You run his hand down the middle of his shirt to his pants. "And this." You traced him under his black plants. "You know that you want it."
"Of course I do. But, you know the rules," he said. "We can't when I am going to meet Betty. It was part of the deal."
"Is she gonna give it to you," you ask. "Like me? The way you like it?" You grab him. "Would she give you herself, like I do? Do you feel like I'm baiting you? Using you? Am I not good?" He sighs. "Babe, answer the question." You think about the debate during class.
"I am answering it," he said. "You and Betty are different. And, I love her. You know that."
"That doesn't answer my question," you say. "Please answer me, because I will leave. If you truly want. I will leave you alone, Jones, you can have Betty and your life here. I am not forcing you to do anything." You pause watching his face. "I will leave you alone for good. I will leave Betty alone and your friends. I don't need Kevin and Fangs to answer anything anymore. I have what I need to finish."
"Babe," he said slowly.
"Just answer," you say. "Do you want me to leave? Do you want her more than me?"
"Y/N," he says quietly. "I can't... I love her." He frowns as you stand up and grab your things. "Y/N, please." You ignore his calls as you slam the door behind you. Tears were threatening to fall from your eyes as you make it to your room and they finally fall as you fall to your bed. He was calling your phone. Leaving voicemails and texts but you ignored them as you changed from your uniform and into street clothes. Meeting Kevin and Fangs at Pops as you told Betty you would. You asked them all of your questions recording their answers on your phone. You talk to a few others getting information on Edgar. Before leaving the small diner, hoping not to have to go in there again.
"Y/N?" Betty stops you in the parking lot. "Hey, how did your interview go?"
"I got everything I needed," you smile. "I can now finish my documentary. Which means I will be out of your hair in no time."
"Oh, well I am glad you've gotten everything you need and I hope that it turns out well. Though, you never told me what for," she laughs. "What happens when you're done?"
"I publish and I go live with my dad," you said. "Now that it's all done I can leave."
"You're leaving? I thought... what about school?" She asks grabbing your hands. "You just came to Riverdale." You strike the urge to laugh. "Will you at least keep up with us? I'm sure there are more stories to come."
   You eye Jughead, "don't worry. I'll keep up with you guys." With that you leave the two and get in your car. Giving your father your piece to be finalized and he moved you out to the city.
   Jughead spent the next year and a half with Betty in Riverdale. Trying to keep his mind of you. He couldn't seem to do it. Everyone at Stonewall was talking about your work. Betty was talking about it as well when he seen her. Everyone was waiting for it to come out so they could see what you said. If their names were mentioned. He seemed to see you in everyone now too, it didn't help that he was still finding your things in his dorm room. When Betty insisted on watching your documentary with his friends it had thrown him over the edge. When he seen your message he needed out.
    "Can I help you?"
    "I am looking for Y/N Cavanagh," he said. "I'm... Uh... Her editor."
     "No you are not."
    "Personal editor. You can ask her if you'd like, but you know bothering her while she is in her creative zone would not be beneficial. Now would it? Your process is just beginning," Jughead said. "If you keep her from her work. You know she won't rest until you're fired."
    "Apartment 74A. Fourth floor."
    "Exactly." He fixed his sleeves before getting on the elevator. He knocked swiftly on her door.
    "If you're housekeeping. I am busy. But if you're my cake, come in," you called. He grabbed the cake and opened the door. "Just put it on the table. I've just started my processing time. I'll send a tip for you, what's your name?"
   He rounded the corner, "Forsythe, but you call me Jones." You fell from your giant yoga ball.
   "What? How did you find me? What are you doing here? And how did you get in?" You ask.
   "I've known you for a year and we've spent a lot of time together. You've told me stories about your many homes," he crossed his arms. "But, you only told me of one that you wanted to stay in when you became published. Your mothers apartment."
   You frown, "I forgot I told you. I mean I didn't think you'd remember. Why'd you come here?" You step back as he steps forwards. "There is nothing here for you."
"I just came to say hello. We are friends, no?" He asked sitting down. "I mean, we've spent all this time together. I am part of the reason for your success."
"Sure," you say still standing. "But, you'd never come here. Even if you seen it. You couldn't come here."
"Then, you justify why I am here then," he taps his fingers. "And, I will tell you if you're hot or cold."
"You want to play a game?" You laugh. "A game? You come here, to the city. Show up at my house without any prior warning. You come in impersonating my food service. Yet, you want me to guess why you've come? This is not a game. I am scared to know why you are here."
"You're scared?" He chuckled. "I left my own house abruptly after watching your piece. I left Betty, Veronica and Archie after seeing... I said nothing but a lie. Which was so obvious Archie knows. I don't even know why I left. I just did." You stay quiet. "Can I ask you something? About the end." You nod. "You talk about growing up in a manipulative home learning not to care about others. Not wanting to love and not being able too. But, you never say when you fell. Or how. Or who. You only say, to the boy I love. You don't mention a word before even leading to love. So, that leads me to one conclusion." You bite your cheek. "Either you were seeing someone. Or it's me."
"Okay," you say. "So, you think that I fell in love with you? A taken guy? Seriously?" You laugh. "Jones have you become denser since I left? You know I have more class then that."
"You can't control your feelings," he sighed. "Why can't you just be open with your emotions?"
"You are asking me? I told you from the first time that I cannot get connected to people. My life will only hurt the people who think they love me and if I have feelings for them... Imagine that. So, I keep away from people. I do not make friends. If I want something then I take it. Even a good fuck. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I am trying to connect to people. That if they see that I sacrificed something then more of them would like my work?"
"Sure that would make sense," he nods. "If you cared. You only care about your father's approval, though. So, I know that is complete bull." You laugh. "I know you, Y/N."
"Okay," you say. "You know me. So tell me what you think is going on."
"I think that you caught feelings for me," he said. "I think that you got emotionally attached to someone for the first time since your childhood. You don't know what to do with these new scary feelings because you've never felt them before. And, you ran because that means that you didn't have to deal with them. With me being here is harder for you. Right? It's hard for me to... You know?" You frown. "You left suddenly. One day you were here and the next you were gone. Literally out of no where. I haven't seen you in over a year. I haven't seen you since you since the parking lot with Betty. And it has truly killed me not being to talk to you. To see you. I know you haven't wanted to see me."
"Haven't wanted to? I have wanted to see you," you say tears now threatening to fall. "I have wanted nothing more then to see you and be with you. But, you don't love me. So, I had nothing to stay for. But, now you are here and I am stuck in this spiral again. You tell me that it hurt you to not see me? It hurt you when I left? I left the only school I have ever known. I left my friends. I somehow fell in love with the third guy I ever slept with. I have never had feelings for anyone. I didn't like anyone. They were inferior to me and then you waltz into Stonewall with your brilliant essay and your cockiness. I fell for your ability to not care about what the others thought and I was jealous. You were my idol. A trailer park boy with the ability to make the rich man quiver. Something that I wanted to be, came to you so easily. It was so hot and maybe that's how I fell for you. Or maybe it was how you also cared for me. How you held me when I was having a block in my project. Or how you were gentle with me after every time. Or how you wanted the same things I did. I don't know what made me fall for you. But, it has been hell trying to get over you with all of the great reasons I shouldn't. But, I cannot be with you. You are happy and in love with Betty and I will not stop that because you'll resent me."
"I will not," he said. "I won't resent you because I fell for you too. I love you, too. I fell for your work ethic towards your goals. The way you smile when someone praises you. The way you flip your hair over your shoulder when you are nervous. I fell for your eyes and the way the go from hatred to love in seconds. I fell for you and I cannot change that. I cannot change the way I feel about you and I don't want to. You are so kind to people with your charities. You hide it because you are afraid. But, I know that you want friends and you were genuinely happy when you and Betty connected. And you didn't want to hurt her because you cared for her." He stood up and placed a hand on your face and your breath hitches. "I love you, Y/N. For all of your quirks and how you hate the world."
"What about Betty?" You ask.
"I don't know," he mumbled. "I still love her."
"I missed you," you say leaning into his fingers. "But, this doesn't change the fact that I can't be with you."
"Please," he mumbled. "I just... I need you." Your core weakens. "Please..." He leans his head into yours and grabs your hands. "Y/N."
    "Okay," you say wiping your face. "Okay, Forsythe. But, this time... I need to know that I have a chance."
    "You do," he said. "Please, baby." His voice is gruff and you nod slowly moving your things from your desk before jumping on it. His hands run up and down your legs pushing your dress out of the way with them. You push his jacket off tossing it on the floor. You missed his touch. He unzips you're dress quickly and it falls down your shoulders. "Stand." You do and the dress falls to the floor and he stares for a moment before pushing you against the wall with his lips are on your neck and a hand on your breast. You closed your eyes tilting your head as his other hand slid under your panties. "I've fucking missed you."
    "Me too." You moan leaning your head into the wall. "God, I've fucking missed you so much."
    "Me or my hands?" He asks and you can hear his smile.
    "Does it matter?"
    "Get in bed," he said and you do after pushing him back into it. "What's this?"
    "I want to do it this way," you say.