Part 2 of Sweet Pea with Slight Fangs

"Come on Y/N," Sweet Pea called. "The lake is gonna melt before you finally decide what you want to wear!"
"The party is going to be there even if I'm a another hour," you roll your eyes. "Look, these shoes? Or these ones?"
"Those ones," he points at the second pair. "They look better with the jacket. Also let me fix this..." His fingers traced your neck as he pulled the chain around. "There. Much better, now let's go we have to meet Fangs and Peaches."
"Why are we going to this party again? It's not anyone we know," you sigh. "And it's Veronica Lodge. We don't actually hang out with her."
    "Because our friends are going and it will be fun," he explained. "Now get in the truck." You sigh but listen to him. "Don't give that look. It will be fun! We always go to parties. Well we did."
     "I don't know. I just don't wanna go," you sigh. "I'm not feeling it."
     "Fine," he shook his head. "We will go for an hour or so then if you aren't having fun we can leave. Deal?"
    "Deal."
    "Good, now don't purposely have a bad time either. I hate that," Pea lectured. "And if anyone asks, I did not take Reggie's stupid bulldog medal."
    "That's specific... Did you take it though?" You ask.
    "No! But he's accusing me of it. Also, remember to not stare at Peaches and Fangs for so long at least look like you're happy to be with me," he sighed.
    "Pea, I am always happy to be with you," you laugh. "You are the best company even when I don't want it."
     "Right well act like it then."
    "Sweets," you sigh fixing your coat. "Do I make you happy?"
    "What do you mean? Do you satisfy me? I wouldn't know. Do you make me laugh? All the time. Do I become happier when you walk into the room? Depends on the room," he shrugs. "If I see you walk into the bar I'm screaming hell yeah. If I see you walk into the classroom, I wouldn't change my mood. Hate class. If I see you walk into the store I get bored because you walk into a store and never leave."
    "I just want to make sure you don't regret this. I don't want you to feel like this is stupid or too much because it is," you sigh.
    "This is stupid," he laughed. "And it definitely is too much. But, it's fine."
    "No it's not. This is stupid," you sigh. "I'm sorry."
    "Y/N," he sighed putting the car into park. "If you want to stop. We can stop. But, can't say we tried because you didn't."
    "What do you mean?"
    "You have spent this whole time obsessing over Peaches and Fangs that we haven't been able to try to be a couple. Tonight, can we just be here together?  Like can we just have a night where you don't care about where Fangs is? Please?" He sighed.
    "Yeah."
    "Thank you," he says getting out of the car. "Now, come on and let's have a good time."
    "Gladly," you smile following him inside. "Veronica, thanks for the invite. This party looks, fantastic." You give her a hug.
    "Of course," she smiled. "You guys are looking amazing. Honestly, can't think of any better couple. And that is above my own love life."
    "Please," you laugh. "You will be happily married to Archie some day and have a happy family."
    "A girl wouldn't be so lucky," she said. "Okay, I have other guests to greet, but I will meet you at the bar. That's where everyone else is."
    "Thanks!" You pull Sweet Pea to the bar where Toni and the rest of your friends sit. "Fangs! Y/N! Toni!"
    "Y/N!" Toni smiled. "Finally, here drink this you guys have to catch up." She hands you and Pea a drink. "Okay, babe, tell me... How do you look so perfect tonight? If I wasn't with Cheryl, I'd take you home."
"Wouldn't be the first time," you laugh. "And what about Pea?"
"Who cares about him."
"Thanks," Pea rolled his eyes. "Y/N, I'm gonna go find Jug. He needed me for something."
"Okay," you nod and you turn back to Toni. Fangs and Y/N have moved away. "So?"
"You have been keeping this play going a while," Toni rose a brow.
"Play?" You laugh.
"You and Sweet Pea. Come on, babe, how long can you keep Sweet Pea on a cable? You've got him dangling over a cavern by a nerve and he's begging to be pulled up or let go. Do you have any feelings for him?" Toni asks. "I'm not yelling at you. I'm not angry. But you can't keep pulling him."
"I'm not pulling him," you sigh. "I do like him. I do."
"But do you love him? Or are you still in love with Fangs?" She asks.
"I'm not in love with Fangs," you whisper. "I'm not."
"You don't sound confident," she sighed. "I love you, babe, but they are my friends too."
"I know..."
"I'm going to find Cheryl. Think about this okay? Think about your feelings. This is getting out of hand," she placed a hand on your shoulder then walked away. You order another drink and stare at it as the people around laugh and buzz. Fangs and Sweet Pea. How could you choose between the two most important men in your life? Of course you love them both. You love them both. That wasn't even a question. Fangs had moved on. Fangs had always been your go to. He was sweet and funny. He knew how to go through the walls and make you laugh. He knew you. He always knew what to do it was like he was connected at your hip for so long that even though you were separated, it didn't matter. But Sweet Pea, he was your rock. He knew what would bother you before it did. He knew exactly what was wrong before you did. He understood you more than anyone else. How... How do you choose? You finish another drink. You love them. You don't want to hurt them. You don't want to hurt anyone but especially not them. But he was your air. He was the light and made everything better for you. He made life easier for you. You needed him more than you understood.
     A crash was heard behind you after your third drink. You turn to see people fighting and a group forming. You order another drink before standing. Sweet Pea. Was that him fighting? You rush through the crowd pushing past everyone. "Sweet Pea!" You slide to a stop. Fangs was trying to grab him away but it wasn't working. His lip was bleeding.
    "Pea," you slide through the two grabbing Pea's face. "Pea, please, stop. It's not worth it. Whatever it is." His eyes met yours for a moment.
    "Y/N," Fangs yelled. "Move!"
    "What?" You turn and the drunk idiot who was making his way towards you and he hit you. "God damnit!" You stumble back holding your face. Sweet Pea caught you before you slide down to the ground. Fangs, who was previously holding Pea back had let go and punched the kid. The pain in your face. The pain was radiating in your face.
     "Y/N?" Pea was holding your face. "Are you okay? Babe? Are you okay?"
    "She needs a doctor," Toni said. "Y/N, can you respond?"
    "Give her a minute to," Fangs snapped.
    "God," you groan. "Pain."
    "We have to move," Fangs sighed. "Get her to a car and get this guy out of this place before I kill him."
    "Toni," you sigh. "I know."
    "What?"
     "I know... I know now."
     "Babe," Toni nods. "Tell him then. You have to get her an ice pack. Her face is swelling and I think her nose is broken."
    "The fastest way to get her there is by the bike," Fangs said. "Who..."
     "I drove the truck," Pea says. "Just... Okay, Fangs get her to the hospital as fast as you can. I'm gonna be there as soon as possible. Don't let go of him, Y/N. I know you like to do all of these crazy things like run into a fight blind but don't let go of him."
     "Kay."
     "Will she be okay?" Y/N asks. "Will she be okay?"
     "She's fine," Toni says. "She needs to get checked out. You can come with us. I'm driving, Sweet Pea."
    "Fangs," you mumbled. "I'm sorry."
    "Sorry for what? Stopping a fight?" Fangs laughs. "You are okay."
     "No," you sigh. "For all of the lies."
    "Lies?"
     "Sweet Pea and I lied to you. We weren't going out. Well, we kinda are but. It only started because you are dating Y/N. I loved you, Fangs. I loved you and I didn't know I was in love with you. It's not fair to you or to him... I can't do it."
    "You loved me?"
    "Maybe I still do... I just... It hurts to talk," you sigh.
    "Don't talk. But when you can, you will." The lights fly by and the night becomes whole around you. Fangs stops at hospital. The nurses pull you into an exam room.
    "Okay, you are under the influence? I'm surprised you're even talking by the look of this the guy must've been twice your size. Looks like you've got a fracture here... You will swell a lot tomorrow. Without scans I can't really see anything though so this is all a guessing game. I'm going to need you to get this gown on. I'm going to start an IV. Are you related?"
    "Yes. I'm her cousin," Fangs said.
    "Right, well, I'm pretty sure her jaw is dislocated so she's gonna need someone to hold her hand. I'm pretty sure it's gonna sober her right up so and she won't be able to talk. So if you need anything. Get it from her now," the doctor said.
     "Y/N, you're telling me what's going on now," Fangs said. "Talk."
     "I loved you."
     "Loved. Which means what? You don't love me anymore? What about Sweet Pea? Did he know?"
    "Yes. He knew, everyone knew before.... I couldn't do anything. I couldn't tell you because you're happy. Now I'm broken jawed and fucked up."
    "Fucked up? You're way beyond that. How couldn't you tell me that? How couldn't you tell me that you loved me? Do you still love me?" Fangs asked.
     "I don't know," you sighed. "I don't know anymore."
    "You don't know? How can you say that? Our friend is out there head over heels for you and you don't know? Y/N, I love you, I do! How can you say you don't know? How can you do this to Sweet Pea?" Fangs was yelling. "He'd die for you!"
     "I don't know," you swallow. "I don't... I can't." He shook his head. "I can't." You sigh. "Head. Ears."
    "What?"
   "Was that you yelling?" Toni comes in with Y/N and Pea. "Why are you yelling?"
    "Y/N," Pea frowned. "Are you okay?"
    "She doesn't know," Fangs said. "She told me everything. She told me..."
    "Is that why you're yelling?" Y/N asked.
    "You knew?"
    "Of course I did," she sighed. "Babe, I think it's time for you to sit down."
    "Y/N? You're head? Is that what it is? Lay down," Pea says. "Here." He ran his fingers through your hair. "I'm sorry."
    "I'm sorry," you mimic. "For all of this. My fault."
    "No," he sighed. "No, you're fine. You need to just keep calm."
    "Y/N," the doctor clapped. "Okay, you have to get the scan now. And there are more people."
    "Here," Pea ran a finger down your cheek. "Are you okay?"
    "Yeah," you nod.
     "This will be real quick," the doctor said. "You all can wait here."
    "You all knew and didn't say anything? Why did you let it go on this long? She's hurting you! You are letting her hurt you!"
    "She's not hurting me," Pea sighed. "I love her and so do you so stop getting angry. This isn't your fight. This isn't you."
     "Except it is! She loves me? Since when?"
    "Since you were kids! We thought you loved her too!" Toni explains.
    "Do you?" Y/N asks. "Do you love her?"
    "No! I love you, babe," fangs sighed. "But maybe I did. Maybe hearing it made me feel different. I don't know. I don't know."
      "Then don't tell her that she can't know," Y/N sighed.
     "I know how I feel," he sighed. "I just don't know how I feel about her feelings. There is a difference."
    "I don't love you anymore," you say. "I don't love you like I thought I did. You were just a crush. A little crush. But it's okay. I know now."
     "I'll be back with the results."
     "What do you know?" Toni asked.
    "Can I talk to Sweet Pea?" You sigh.
    "Sure," Toni nods stepping back.
     "Alone," you sigh. They nod shutting the door. "Hey."
     "Does it hurt to talk," he asks.
    "Only a little but they have pain meds in here and you know, alcohol," you laugh. "But, I did have a little epiphany. Sweet Pea, I love you. And I needed to say it before they break my jaw completely and I can't say it anymore."
     "You love me?"
      "I do," you nod. "It only took getting actually punched in the face to know it too. You are the part of me, that I didn't know I needed. Literally, you know the things about me before I do. You know me better than I do. I need you more than anyone else and I can't lose you. I hurt you and I am gonna make it up to you."
    "You just did," he smiled. "Thank you." He kissed your forehead and then your lips lightly.
     "Okay, good news, the scans came back and we reviewed them. Your jaw is not dislocated and there seems like there is a small hairline fracture on the right side here. I have a splint here and it will steady the jaw. I prescribed the medications for pain and I suggest a soft foods diet. A lot of talking will cause some pain so try stray from talking. Clean your mouth constantly after every meal and drink. Try to do it for 5 times at least. I'm also going to prescribe an antibiotic just in case there's a open wound in your mouth we missed or anywhere else. You may have some ear pain. Sleep on your back and do not apply pressure to it. Also, restrain from any strenuous activity. All I need is for some signatures then you're free to go."
    "Thanks," Sweet Pea says as the doctor leaves. "Can't wait to use this to my advantage." You roll your eyes. "Hey, I love you." He kissed you now fully on the lips and you work through the pain. "I'll bring you home now babe."