Secrets

"Have you seen Betty?" Veronica asks coming up to you and your boyfriend. "I can't find her anywhere and we have plans."
   "No," you think. "Not since lunch. Maybe she had to stop by the Blue and Gold office."
   "I looked there and I ran into Jug and he hasn't seen her either," she sighed. "I wonder where she went off to."
   "Maybe she went home," Fangs said. "She's has a rough couple of days with her mom and everything with Kevin."
   "True," You nod. "I can stop there on my way home, don't you have to go to the speakeasy?"
   "Yeah," she sighed. "That's why I wanted to find Betty. If you find her, tell her to go there will you?" You nod as she walks off.
    "Babe, I can help you look for her," Fangs says. "I wanna help if she needs it."
    "You don't have to," you sigh. "You have to go meet Jughead and the rest of the Serpents. You start your patrolling today. And, I know how much you would love to wring that kids neck and arrest him. So, go find him and bring him some justice."
   He shrugs, "I think there are more important things then revenge. Betty has been through a lot these past few months and if she's in a rage. I don't want you getting hurt too." You cross your arms. "I just wanna help."
   "Fine," you smile. "Come on then." You grab his hand and begin your walk. You round the corner of the street and grab your phone dialing Betty's number. "Betty, Hey, where are you?"
"Hey Y/N," she sighs on the other line. "I'm out at the old Ghoulie spot with Jug, why?" You nod slowly before seeing smoke in the distance. The Cooper house was ablaze in the distance with a firetruck in front and Mrs Cooper shouting.
"Betty!" You gasp. "Your house is on fire! Oh my god!"
"I know," she said and you pull the phone away to look at it confused.
"You know? Betty, did you catch your house on fire?" You ask stopping and gesture to Fangs to wait.
"I didn't," she said. "My mom called me. I'm not an arsonist, Y/N, is something up?"
"No, sorry," you say. "So, V, asked me to tell you to meet her at the Speakeasy today."
"Yeah, I'll text her," Betty says.
"Great," You say awkwardly. "I'll see you later, Bets."
"Alright," She says. "I'll see you later." You slide your phone into your pocket and look at Fangs.
"She is with Jug," you sigh. "We are free to go home and you can go do your patrolling today, dad will be thrilled."
"I am not sure what that means," He scrunched his eyebrows. "He's not going to mace me, is he? Babe, please, tell me he isn't going to mace me."
"He's not going to mace you, purposely," you laugh. "That would be unprofessional."
"You don't make me feel any better," he sighed. "I thought your dad liked me." You scrunch a lip. "He doesn't?"
"Oh, no," you laugh. "He loves you, always has. I'm just teasing you. Just like you do with me all the time."
"I still don't believe you," he laughed. "And, I'm not going. I want to stay with you." He wraps his arms around your waist with a smirk before placing a kiss on your lips.
You shake your head with a smile, "he really wouldn't like that and he would really mace you then."
"It would be worth it," he shrugs. "At least I'd be in a world of pleasure before pain." You roll your eyes before pulling him back down the street. It was a nice day and you loved walking on days like these. "How are you going to start the conversation?"
"With Betty? I have no idea," you sigh. "I just want to make sure she's alright. She really has been through a lot and I don't believe her fully about catching her house on fire."
"Well, it sounds like you could use a hand," he says. "It keeps me from being murdered by your father and you get help."
"I do not need help and you are going, Fogarty, you aren't getting out of this. My dad will not hurt you and I will be fine. Go get on your bike," you laugh pointing at his parked motorcycle. "Bye, I'll see you later."
"Yeah yeah," he sighed before kissing you lightly. "Don't have too much fun with your other boyfriend while I'm gone."
"I'll try not to," you joke. "He's awesome in bed." He rolled his eyes and shoved you a little. "I love you."
"I love you too," he chuckled. "I'll see you." You watch him walk off to his bike before entering your trailer and kick off your shoes.
"Y/N/N?" Your brother calls from the back room.
"Yeah it's me," you call. "I thought you were at the Ghoulie spot?"
"I was," he said coming out. "I had to come and grab a few things. Also, Betty is staying here now." You nod slowly. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," You shake your head. "I seen her place on fire. I thought she finally snapped and burned it down. I would."
"She didn't," he said. "Now, I gotta go back. You wanna come?"
"I got nothing better to do," you sigh. "I sent Fangs to go patrol with dad." He chuckled before pulling his jacket on.
"You're gonna have to ride the bike then," he said as you pulled your shoes back on. "I'll have Sweet Pea bring you back."
"Or, since he and Fangs are both going to be there later I'll go with Fangs. I know you aren't into the idea, but I don't think sending me with his best friend will do anything about that. Besides, Pea loves me," you smirk and Jug rolled his eyes. "Hey, don't be jealous. I'm more likable than you, Juggie." He scoffs while rolling his eyes. "I am the more likable Jones."
   "Well, mom and Jelly bean are back so. Your reign may soon come to an end," he said and you take turn rolling your eyes as you climb back on the bike. The ride was short as he took a short cut through the woods and stops in the trees. A few Serpents were there and Betty of course. "You stay with Betty here while the rest of us go to the station. Try to get a few things done, like tearing down those wicked drawings. Archie will be over after boxing." You nod as you make your way across the greens.
   "Betty," you smile. "Guess it's just us for the time being."
   "Where are they going?"
   "Patrol," You say. "Dad called and said all of em." She nods. "And, we are also roomies now. Well, when public figures asks." She laughs little. "How are you feeling with all of this? I know it's been a lot and you haven't really had the time to process."
   "Oh, I've processed, I actually over processed. I think that- that I am going crazy," she sighed. "Which, I know, isn't exactly anything new for me. But, I am a teenager. I'm not supposed to worry about my dad being a serial killer. Or who killed my cousin. I am most definitely not supposed to be worrying whether or not my mother and sister are a part of a cult and if my sister is going to drown my mom. Then, call my friend into play. I'm supposed to worry about Prom and my SATs and college. But, my mom gave my college funds away to the stupid farm. And sometimes I think would it have been better if maybe I stayed with the sisters under the influence of their party drugs. At least then, I wouldn't have to deal with my family. Last year, prom wouldn't even be an option for me because my mom wouldn't allow it. You know why? Because, she didn't want me ending up like Polly. But, now she's forcing this bull crap on me and preaching on how I should be more like her!"
   "I know, Bets, it's hard. And I am not saying I know exactly what you are going through. I don't. But, I know it has to be so hard on you and I wish you would've come to me sooner. You always just throw yourself into something new and you never take the time for yourself. You went from the Jason Blossom case to the Blackhood to Archie's stuff to this gargoyle king shit and now the farm. I mean, I know it can't be easy watching someone kill someone else. Especially a father and son. And then to have your own father torment you that way..."
   "You're right," she sighed. "I think it's easier to throw myself into something new then talk about what's wrong. I don't want people to worry about me."
   "You don't have to worry about that. You are so strong Betty Cooper and I know that no one will think of you differently if you ask for help. You deserve to take care of yourself. You should. And, I want to make sure you do," you explain. "Please, Betts, even if just tonight. We can have girl time and talk. I really need to talk to someone who isn't my brother or a Serpent. And, since Toni is gone, it's been kinda rough."
"Alright," She nods. "We can have a girls night, it will be alright." You give her an excited smile.
"Thank you, Betty," you say. "After we get back tonight, we can head over to my spot."
"Your spot?" She asks.
"Yeah, since mom came into town, I've needed some space," you explain. "And, it's just a mess at home. I can't deal with all of the weird unspoken tension in there. And, honestly, I don't trust her."
"You don't?" She asked. "Why not? She came home to be with you guys."
"So she says," you sigh. "But, let's not talk about that now. I can't let Jug hear. He is so happy that mom is back and I can't ruin it for him." She nods slowly. "So, it doesn't look like there are many more of those weird carvings or paintings anymore. What do we do now?"
"Start by getting all the scraps out," Archie startles the both of you. "We are gonna make this place look like a home."
"Archie," you gasp. "The hell is up with you?"
"Sorry," He chuckled. "What were the two of you talking about?"
"Nothing," You both say. "So, hows boxing coming? You still working that gym?"
"No," he said. "Hiram, actually gave me a gym. As like a piece offering."
"Weird," You say. "But, I guess that's cool. Do you, have any experience in tearing down houses, Andrews?"
"No," he said. "Do you?"
"Of course," you say. "I grew up over on the south side, boy, I kicked down a few walls in my time. Built my own playhouse in the woods out of pieces of wood I found in trashed houses."
"Trashed houses?" Betty asked.
"Yeah," you nod. "There are a lot abandoned houses over there. I didn't have cool friends like Jughead did, so I had to make do."
"You has us," Archie argued.
"Yeah." Betty said.
"Yeah, uhm, I didn't really have you guys though. I had you through association through Jug. I was his twin sister and you were his friends. Which, believe me, I understand. You guys worked more. So, I made my own place. Something that wasn't Jughead's or Jellybean's. It was mine and I didn't have to share." You look at the ground for a second. "That sounded kinda selfish. Look, Erm, you guys don't really get what it's like to have to be the middle child. I didn't really get a lot of attention. Jug was the oldest and did more. JB was a baby and needed twenty four hour watching. And dad was an alcoholic. So, life as a kid for me wasn't easy."
"I'm sorry you felt out of place," Betty said. "We love you, though. So much. You wanna tell us, what to do?"
"Okay," you nod. "Take a hammer and start taking out nails. We don't want those poking you. They hurt like hell getting your feet and stuff. You also wanna put some holes in the walls to take it out. It's mostly all dry wood. So, it's not hard to get through it. But, you still want to use tools because you can hurt yourself if you don't know where the studs are."
"You sound so much like an experienced contractor," Betty chuckled. "Ever thought about going into the trade?"
"Not really." You say. "I haven't put much thought into school after high school."
"Well I would definitely put thought into that," Archie said. "You would be great at it." You guys work for hours getting the old wall out of the house. It opened the room and even added more light into the dark room.
"Wow guys," Jughead whistled. "You got a lot more done than I thought."
"Yeah, well we had an expert," Betty said looking at you. "She's pretty good at it."
"Oh yeah she is," Fangs smirked grabbing your sides and kissing your lightly. "Best I've ever met."
"You just say that because if you don't, I won't give you sex," you laugh.
"Maybe," he shrugs. "But, you are damn good at building and tearing down things. That house out in the woods..."
"You still have that house?" Archie asked.
"What house?" Jug asked.
"Y/N built a house out in the woods a while ago," Archie explained. "When she was a kid and didn't have much else to do. She had her own place."
"She's been working on it ever since," Fangs finished. "It's actually really great." You shake your head.
"That's where you go!" Jughead shouted. "Where you stay! Isn't it?"
  You sigh, "it's a shack, Jug, there is no heat in there. Let alone, water or electricity. How would I survive there?"
   "Then where do you go?" He asked. "When you run off for nights on end?"
   "Classified," you smirk. "By the way, I have Betty for the night. Girls night."
   "I thought we were hanging out tonight," Fangs pouted. "You said we would do that, thing, tonight."
   "We will," you laugh. "After Betty and I do our thing."
   "You are all annoying," Jughead intervened. "You guys should get going, Fangs... Pea."
   "Right," Sweet Pea said. "Ready little Jones, I'm takin' you home."
   "You are?" You roll your eyes looking at Jug. "What about Fangs?"
   "I have to go to the school for Jughead," Fangs explained. "Sorry, babe."
   "It's fine," you sigh. "Guess, I'll just have to hold Sweet Pea close on his bike."
   "Don't do that," Jughead rolled his eyes. "Goodbye."
   "You're bossy," You say. "Let's go then, Pea. Can you do me a favor before we go home though?"
   "What?" He asked handing you his helmet. "I'm not going to beat up Jughead."
   "Wasn't going to ask for that," you say. "I need you to stop at the gas station so I can get a few snacks. My house is entirely too packed for all of this bullshit."
   "Okay, I can definitely do that," he chuckled.
   "Don't let her talk you into any trouble, Pea, she almost ran into a burning into house today." You roll your eyes as he smirked kissing you lightly. "Love you gorgeous."
   "Love you too."
   "Gross. Let's go little Jones," Pea gagged. "Before it starts raining."
   "Of course the wicked witch is afraid of water," you chuckle climbing behind him. "Don't be stupid and do that shit."
   "What shit?" He asked, though you knew he knew what you were talking about. He revved the engine before skidding down the street and you hold tighter to him.
   "I will kill you if, you kill us Sweet Pea," you snap. "I will make sure you don't make it to Hell."
   "Calm down," he laughed pulling into the gas stations parking lot. "Go get your shit. I'll be here."
   "I'm sure," you sigh. You grab multiple bottles of soda and candy. You grab popcorn and a few packs of gum. You smile at the old man at the counter. "Heya, can I get a pack of your Marlboro blacks?"
   "Sure, can I have an ID?" He asked and you rolled your eyes before pulling it out and handing it to him. "Here." He handed you them as you handed him cash.
   "Have a great day," you smile. "Let's go Pea." You toss the pack of cigarettes at him. "Don't use em all at once."
   "Cigarettes?" He asked.
   "I know you're secrets, don't push it."
   "Alright, what do you have to talk about?" Betty asked.
  You grab a soda, "So, you know how my moms home?" She nods. "Well I overheard her and JB talking. They want to use my dad. And, they are getting everything they want. I went to confront her and she threatened me."
   "She threatened you?" Betty asked. "What did she say? Did you tell Jughead?"
   "No," you shake your head quickly. "She threatened to tell Dad everything but blame me for it. And that she can make everything I've worked for disappear. Including me."
   "She threatened to get rid of you? You have to tell Jughead," she said. "Y/N, you can't keep it from him."
   "What if she hurts him. Jug was so happy when mom came home. I don't want to ruin that for him," you explain. "It will crush him."
   "Well, he already expects something to be up. You just have to talk to him. Or maybe I can," Betty offered. "We can do it together, Jughead!" You give her a look before you hear Jug coming.
   "What's up? Girls time already over?" He chuckled coming in and pausing looking at both of your faces. "What's wrong?"
   "Y/N," Betty said looking at you. "Tell him."
   "You aren't pregnant are you? We have no room, Y/N," he said. "Did you get into trouble? Do I have to kill Fangs?"
   "No," you shake your head quickly. "But, I have to tell you something about mom."
   "What about her?" He asked.
   "She threatened her, Jug," Betty said after looking at you. "She threatened to get rid of her."
   "She what?"
   "I caught her and JB talking in the kitchen the other day," you explain. "They want to use us, especially dad. And, I confronted mom about it. I told her off and said that I was going to tell you. She said if I told, she would blame it all on me and then get rid of me. Jug, she threatened to get rid of me permanently."
   "Permanently?" He said looking at Betty confused. "When? Why didn't you say something?"
   "I couldn't. I didn't want you to get hurt," you cry. "I didn't tell anyone. I was scared. Jug, she's bad news. I don't think it was just threatening me. I think she was making it a promise."
   "Well you don't have to be," Jughead said. "I'll take care of it, alright? You don't have to be scared, we got you. I know mom can be manipulative, but we will get over this."
    "Betty, I think you should tell him about yourself now," you said. "About how you've been feeling."
   "He knows," Betty said. "I told him after you left. I thought about what you said. You're right, I shouldn't be doing this alone. Thank you for pushing me to talk. I know that it will never end. My dad will always be the blackhood. I will always be the girl who sent people to him. I will be the girl who helped solve Jason Blossoms murder. The girl who saved her mom from drowning but her mother still joined the cult. But, it's okay because I know I have you guys. And, we will help each other from now on."
   "Sounds good to me," you sigh. "I need normal people in my life."
   "Please," Betty laughed. "Far from normal."
   "You're better than the ones in my head," you chuckled. "They don't like me when I'm alone." They give you a funny look. "I'm joking. Do you know when Fangs will be back, from the school?"
   "He should be back any minute... Y/N," Jughead followed you into the kitchen. "I know, you get uncomfortable talking about what's going on in your life. And, I can see that you're really scared. I'm sorry that she did that. I won't let it just blow off."
   "Thanks Jug," you sigh. "And, yes. When I run off for nights on end I go to my little shack in the woods. It's not all that great. Definitely not what Fangs put it up to be. But, it's where I go. It's my safe haven."
   "Is this why you've been running off? Because you didn't want to be around mom?" He asked. "Are you scared to be home with her?"
   "Partially," you nod. "I don't like to be around her. She's a drug lord. But, I am not scared to be home with her. I know she won't touch me with you all home." He nods. "I love you Juggie. I did want to tell you. I just couldn't be the one to hurt you."
   He smiled softly, "I love you too, Y/N/N. Next time I will tell you if something is up. You will too, right?"
   "I will," you sigh. "I have to go meet Fangs now. You two better not bone on the couch again." You smile and walk out of the house breathing in the damp air. You hear the sound of the familiar motorcycle down the way as you look at the purple sky.
   "What are you doing out here?" Fangs asked with a chuckle. "Thought you were having a thing tonight?"
   "I did. It's over. I just want to be with you now and you alone," you sigh wrapping your arms around him.
   "Well I am not complaining about that," he said. "Where are you thinking?"
    "How about a nice empty place in the middle of no where?" You smirk. "It's steady and substantially improved since the last time you saw. Found a nice little mattress in the midst of all the drama."
   "A mattress?" He asked.
   "Clean. Promise. Bleach and all." You see your mothers car turn to your road. "Come on, babe." You push him back into position and climb behind him. "Go." He nods before bringing the bike to life and speeding down the damp road. For a moment you lose yourself in the cool air. The wind rustling your hair and beating your skin. The vibrations of the bike running through your entire body. The feel of Fangs' jacket on your bare arms. It was peaceful. The bike slows to a stop. Parking in the old lot for the trail.
   "Why'd we get out of there so fast?" He asked as you climb off. "What's wrong?"
   "My mom," you sigh. "I can't be around her."
   "Why? What's wrong with your mom? You fight?"
  "Sort of... I overheard her talking and when I confronted her about it. It didn't go well," you explain. "She got angry."
   "Okay?"
   "She threatened me, Fangs," you sigh.