Bughead-Captured

Jughead and Betty's relationship has had its ups and downs. Murders and psychopaths. Breakups and losing friends. They never get a break. Maybe they never will. This is what goes through Betty Cooper's mind as she is ripped from her front door and thrown into the back of a beat up old van by the ghoulies. She wasn't afraid, she couldn't show them that satisfaction, so she sat up straight and kept herself together. The men who took her were laughing about getting back at the Serpents by taking their Serpent Queen. She knew that they really were just getting back at Jughead for getting them arrested and with F.P. Jones as sheriff now, life couldn't be easy for them. Betty tracked the turns ands stops as they sped through the streets. She couldn't see anything because they faced her towards the back of the van and had her hands tied together along with her feet.
"Let's go Blondie," one of the makeup covered men said jumping into the back and forcing her out of the van into a crowd of ghoulies. "Boss is gonna be real happy we finally got the Serpent bitch aye?"
"Damn straight he will," The other said and his grip tightened around Betty's arm. "Been waitin a long time to get back at that damn Jones boy, beatin' the girl half death will surely get the point across."
"Or just to death," the first said with a chuckle. Betty kept quiet but sucked in a deep breath. She has no doubt that they had the will to kill her, they've done worse then beat a northsider to death. "The little northsider is afraid. Feel how she tenses."
"I bet she feel twice as good with me inside her," the second laughed and tossed Betty to the ground. She felt her knees scrape through her jeans. "Wait here, Princess." He shout a wink towards her and slams the door behind him. Betty let's a muffled scream out through her taped mouth and tears brim her ocean blue green eyes, her nails pressed deep into her palms breaking the once healed skin. She needed to calm down. She had read about this and she only needed to calm her thoughts. Sure, she'd never been in this exact situation but she needed to have faith that she was smart enough to get out of it.
"Elizabeth Cooper," Malachi smiled wickedly at her on the ground. "Save your strength, you are not getting out of this one dear. I see that the Northside had treated you well and so have those Serpents. You know, with someone like you, we would take you to a whole other level." Betty furrowed her eyebrows blinked away tears. "Oh, don't cry little Serpent Queen. After the first few, you'll be fine." He smirked. "Let's hope your king pays his dues or you do."
Jughead was working on his novel when Fangs and Sweet Pea bound into his trailer. They had frantic looks in their eyes and they didn't even look at F.P. when they practically break the door down.
"Guys," He stands looking between the two of them. "What's wrong with you two? You about broke my door down!"
"You gotta see this man," Fangs threw a box at him. "It's not good, Jones."
"What is it?" F.P stood over Jughead looking at the remnants in the box.
"They got Betty," Jug said setting the box on the coffee table to pull out Betty's phone and bag. And at the bottom with a piece of paper was her ponytail and Bobby pin. He pulled the paper out and read it. "Serpents: We got your Queen, by now I'm sure you are angry. Pay the price and she won't get hurt. Anymore that is. We want the everything from you guys. Your partners, business buddies and all the drugs and cash. All of it."
"Well they definitely are straight to the point people, no poets," Sweet Pea said. "What are we gonna do?"
"Jug?" Fangs gave him a knowing look. "We can't give them everything."
"I know," Jughead said throwing the things back into the box and running his hands through his hair. "Damnit! I knew I should've walked her home."
"Don't blame yourself," F.P said. "We will figure it out."
"How?" Jug yelled. "They didn't even leave a damn location. And Penny runs that place. We know she has it out for Betty and I."
"Calm down, boy, you getting angry ain't helping her," F.P said. "We've dealt with the Ghoulies before. We can do it again."
"Someone's gotta tell Alice," Jughead said. "Call her, dad. She's gotta soft spot for you. She needs to know." He nods walking off to the kitchen with his phone in hand. And within a half hour Alice Cooper had barged into the trailer like a tornado in Kansas.
"What the hell is going on?" She demands. "Why the hell is my daughter with those disgusting creeps? Don't give me bull crap answers withers. I knew you all were gonna be trouble for her." Her eyes land on Jughead.
"Penny," F.P said. "That is our guess. She wants proper revenge as if Jughead's wasn't enough."
"Of course it's Penny Peabody... I swear to god I will tear that goddamn woman apart," Alice groaned. "And what are the lot of you gonna do to get her back?"
"We don't know," Jughead sighs in defeat. "We don't know where they are. They didn't even give us a time they want us to give them everything."
"Of course they didn't," Alice sighed. "I swear men get even stupider every second. They didn't leave a place because you already know where they are. They stay on the South side. They want you to go back to your old home and give up."
"We can't give them our money!" Jughead snapped. "There are families here! Alice, you understand that! We have nothing! We have already gave them the trailer park! The South Side. All of it."
"I didn't say to give it up," Alice said. "Did I? Now, shut your hardheaded mouth and listen up."
"Your boy hasn't came by yet," Malachi sighed but there was no resentment in his tone. He sounded almost pleased. "Seems we gotta push our side huh? You've already gotta damn good black eye. Why don't we lower the build? Every hour that's added the lower we get."
He had the devil in his eyes and crazy in his smile. His hands lift her up and push her against the wall. She whimpers when she feels his breath on her neck. His eyes meet hers. Darkness had met light and it was overpowering. Her own inner darkness was being ridiculed with his there. Her body trembled against his and she squeezed her eyes shut as his hand trailed up her left arm and to the side of her neck. His grip tightened around it and surely left marks as she choked for air against the tape. Her lungs were burning and fighting to get air and her body had began to lose its fight. Her head was slammed against the wall and she fell. Her vision fell black as she slumped against the ground.
"Oh I'm not done," he laughed lifting her up and sitting her against the wall. The silver of his switchblade flashed in front of her eyes and she felt the cold of the metal against her face. Then it ran down her neck stopping right at the hem of her shirt. She squeezed her eyes shut as it pushes against the skin and she bit her lip. Warmth fell down her chest soaking the front of her shirt in crimson. The side of her neck burns as blood pours from it and she lets out a whimper. He leaves her on the ground and slams the door behind him waving the blade that was covered in blood. Her blood. "Let's show them snakes who's the real boss, eh? Let's send them the blood of their queen!"
They left the box on the front of the trailer without a sound. It was later found by Fangs who had came back with food. "Guys... There's another box." Blood had started to soak through bottom of the thin cardboard. He handed it to Jughead, who slowly opened it. As he caught a glimpse of the blade he felt instantly sick. Dropping it and walking out of the room.
"We need to do something now," Alice said and she had fear in her voice. "F.P right now. We need to do it now!" He nods grabbing her and pulling her close.
"Okay," He says. "Boys gather some more calvary. We are gonna get Betty back."
"Let's go," Sweet Pea said. "Jones! We are gonna get her back." Jughead falls back onto his bed and buried his face in his hands. The only thing he needed in the world was in the hands of one his worse foes. Usually, he was great in these situations. He could think of a solution in a blink of an eye, but when it came to Betty. His mind was flustered. He couldn't think of anything but wanting her back and never letting her go again.
"Betty," a familiar female voice rang through the small building. "What a spectacular sight to see. You tied up on the ground bleeding and trembling in fear. You can't sleuth your way out of this one, can you?" Betty looked up at the blonde lawyer. "And unable to speak. This is the best birthday wish I could ask for. Now, let's get a few things straight. You are only alive because I want the Serpents gone completely. If it were up to me in the long run, I would kill you and return your heart to that worthless boyfriend of yours. So, don't think of fighting back or speaking because I want to cut that pretty tongue from your head. Don't tempt me." She ripped the tape off of Betty's face. "Now, babe, give me that signature smile."
"Why?" Betty spat back.
"Because I said so," Penny grabbed the younger girl's chin and squeezed her face. "There it is. Those shiny whites. Now, your boys got a few more hours before you turn up in the river like Jason Blossom."
   "Please, you think killing me will give you satisfaction? I don't think so," Betty said. "No one will care. It's just another teenage murder in Riverdale. They will pin it on the next psychopath who starts his killing spree. You are making a statement in a place where statements don't stand."
  "You think we are trying to make a statement?" Penny laughed viciously. "We don't need to, our reputation is as bad as it comes. We are worse than your daddy. Worse than Hiram Lodge. Worse than anything your little brain can muster up and we get away with it."
   "I'm glad you thrive on blood," Betty said slowly. "I am glad you love to bathe in the sorrows of a lost town and get paid by the man who wants you out of the picture. You have no respect in this town, not even from Hiram Lodge. He wants you out of the picture more then Jug does... really it's a surprise he hasn't killed you off yet. He needs you to do his biddings, sell his drugs, kill his foes, round the people in when they get to close to finding the truth. That's why you got me huh?"
   "Wrong. We got you because we were bored and still haven't gotten our payback against the Serpents. We don't answer to Hiram Lodge. I run this town, I tell them what to do. I get what I want around here, and no one bats an eye because I have power. I can kill you now and not give a single fuck. But, we need you alive for the moment," she pauses and looks the girl up then down. "But, I did warn you. Didn't I? About opening your mouth? I told you there would be a price to pay... Betty you should really learn to listen to your elders." She grabs her blade and grabs Betty's face. A smile still plastered on her face. Betty has prepared for the blade to connect with her tongue but instead it embedded it self in her side. She let out a pained scream and Penny connected her fist with the side of Betty's face. Betty fell unconscious for a few moments.
   She woke up alone and still bleeding. She had to use all of her strength to mover herself up against the wall and apply pressure to her wound. She knew enough about stab wounds to know that she should be fine for the time being if she kept pressure on her side. Death by stabbing is far less likely then gun shots and car accidents. She kept repeating that in her head, to calm her mind. She would get through this. She had been through worse. Archie was attacked by fricking bear and still lives. She can survive Penny Peabody. She just wanted to see Jughead and tell him she was alright. She could only imagine what he had going through his head right now. Blaming himself. Many would think that she was insane for thinking of him in a time like this, but she wasn't. She needed a distraction. Something to keep her awake and able to keep pressure on her side. She could hear the voices of the rowdy Ghoulies right outside the beat up shed they threw her in. They were laughing and shouting about how they had won. Penny was sprouting off about being the greatest. Cans were being crushed and thrown at the shed banging loudly. Her head was pounding and she was having trouble keeping her eyes open. She thought about the time she thought she almost lost Jug, when he was almost taken from her by the psychos right outside her rusted mausoleum. She couldn't breathe when F.P. brought him from the trees covered in blood and barely recognizable. She thought about what he would do... if they were too late. What would her friends do? The cheers of the Ghoulies grew louder ringer in her ears almost echoing in her head. Her eyes began to drop closed again when she heard a shot from the distance.
   "Penny Peabody," Alice said waltzing up to the old colleague. They were not friends as kids far from it. Penny was envious of Alice's way of getting by with F.P. "You are lucky I don't tear you limb by limb." Penny laughs. "You think it's funny? You don't know what I've been through these last few years, I will kill you. You came towards my family. My daughter. You think I was relentless as a teenager? Oh, you should see me now."
   "Hanging back with the snakes huh? Oh, Alice. I thought you threw your past away? I'm not scared of a northsider," Penny chuckled, though she had a hint of panic in the back of her throat. "Come at me Cooper."
   "Jughead," Fangs called from the front of a rusted beat down shed. "In here." It was dimly lit by the giant fire in the middle of the crowd, but Jughead could see her. Betty slumped against the back, hands tied together pressed to her side. Her blonde hair disheveled and at her shoulders. He fell to her side and let a hand connect with her face. Her lip had been cracked open and swollen. Fangs and Sweet Pea stood behind him silent. Looking over the blonde with panic and grief.
   "Sweet Pea... Get her out of here," Jughead said slowly. "Get her to the hospital. I am going to deal with Malachi and Penny."
  "Jug," Fangs said looking at him. "You should take her."
   "Yeah man," Sweet Pea crouched next to them. "Let them deal with it. Come with us."
   "No," Jughead didn't look at the two. "I am going to deal with them myself..."
    "The hell you are boy," F.P startled the three of them. "Get her out of her and stay by her side. All three of you. We got this here. Besides, I think Alice has already taken care of Peabody. Now go!" They nod and Sweet Pea helps Jughead get Betty to the truck.
  Betty lost a lot of blood and needed a transfusion they also put her on medication for pain as they went in and repaired her abdomen. She slept for a while and the three boys grew anxious. They hadn't heard from the Serpents yet and the only reassurance they get is from the nurse that comes in to check on her every twenty minutes. Archie, Veronica, and Kevin came as soon as Jughead called. They all sat silently waiting for their friend to wake up. Jughead held her hand tightly, not letting go.
   "Jug?" Betty moves slowly opening her eyes. "Hey." She smiled softly trying to move up.
   "Betty," he sighed in relief standing. "How do you feel?" He moved her hair back and kissed her forehead.
   "Hungry?" She coughed a little. "What happened?" She looked at the rest of the room. "What are you all doing here?"
   "You were kidnapped by the Ghoulies," Fangs starts. "They stabbed you and beat you up. We found you passed out in a shed with your hands pressing at your side. You kept yourself alive."
   "It was pretty dope," Sweet Pea nods along. "I've had my doubts about you, Cooper, but... you are loyal to no end."
   "You think I'm dope?" Betty laughed. "Does that mean you trust me now?" Sweet Pea chuckled lowly. "Juggle, what's wrong?"
   "We are gonna go get the nurse," Veronica said standing looking at the rest of the group. They all nod leaving the room to the two.
   "I thought I lost you," Jughead sighed. "I didn't know what to do when they left a box of your things. I was gonna give them everything. Then, they sent the blade and I was ready to give myself to them. When Fangs found you unconscious... I only wanted to kill them all. I thought you were gone."
   "Please," she sighed. "If I can live through all of the other shit that's happened. I can survive a few morons. You can't lose me that easily, Jug, I told you." She runs her hand down the side of his face. "I love you, Jughead. None of this is your fault. Please know that. I love you so much and I won't stop." He nods. "Seriously, Jug, I love you."
   "I love you too, Betty," he said with a small smile.