Chapter 23

I stood on my own and watched how Silver showed Alexa and Lucy her new soldier action figure. Camila decided to come to the party, but she and Dinah have been trapped in an intense conversation that I don't want to interrupt. I know by the end of the night we will talk. For now, I am watching how Silver is telling Lucy and Alexa the story of how Joe came to be a soldier and Lucy sat questioning everything as if she was the bad guy. I decide to walk over to the group of three as Lucy messes with Silver. Alexa sits by her quietly listening to the conversation going on between the two.

"Silver," I direct playfully glaring at Lucy. "I think you are going to need to question Lucy. She seems to send distress signals to Joe." I bend down quickly and whisper, "She may be the villain." Silver gasps as I stand back up and smirk at Lucy.

Silver perks up and looks Lucy up and down who is glaring at me and then to Alexa who stands up with her hands up in defense. "Joe, what do you have to say about that." Silver asks the small figure in her hand. The soldier was garbed in a full covering special team outfit that was fully black. His face was covered in a mask that had a small gas mask on it. The figure had a belt where his small gun could be, but I took that and put it where Silver couldn't get to it, so she wouldn't lose it tonight. She had a habit of leaving things around when there were other people around.

Silver tugs on my pants to get me to bend down to her level so she could whisper in my ear. I bend down with my drink away from Silver and she comes closer to my ear. "Joe says we need to keep a close on Lucy. He doesn't know about her just yet."

Lucy attempts to get closer to the two as if she is listening and Silver giggles and nudges her back with her hand. "You can't listen silly." Lucy stands back up and huffs.

"Who said I can't," Lucy reaches over, and picks Silver up and brings her in the air. She flings Silver over her shoulder.

Silver giggles and tries to squirm out of Lucy's grab, but Lucy holds onto her tight. The young girl pushing on Lucy's back and moving around.

"The enemy has us," Silver yells out and tries to jump out of Lucy's hold. Lucy puts her down Silver runs into the kitchen and gets close to Camila and Dinah who were talking to each other. Camila takes her hand and places it on Silver's shoulders and keeps her close to her body.

"Lauren, who would have thought she would become so lively just from an action figure," Lucy giggles and sits back down to Alexa who rubs her back. Lucy stretches her back and kisses Alexa on the cheek.

"I think it's because Camila got it for her," I smile and look back at Camila who has her hand on Silver's shoulder as she plays with her figure. "Camila calls Silver her little soldier and I think that channels into her love for the figure. It also helps that Camila did decide to show up."

"I thought Camila would be with Austin at a birthday dinner or something," Lucy remarks as she watches Camila talk to Dinah with her hand rubbing smaller circles on her back.

"I thought so too. She came over earlier and asked about the album when Silver was at practice," I tell Lucy. I was still confused about the impromptu knock on my door. However, I couldn't deny she wasn't happy that Camila had shown up. I first thought it was Silver who knocked on the door with Austin, but they didn't come around for about half an hour as I started to clean the apartment.

Dinah called everyone to the kitchen for a toast. Lucy, Alexa, and I all walked in there. I look down at Silver who had a juice box in her hand for the toast. She smiled brightly and showed me her little carton of orange juice she got for the toast.

"Let's all give a toast for Lauren who has put her identity out in the world and for releasing an amazing EP that is going to make the world shook," Dinah says smiling as everyone laughs at her use of slang. "Let's toast to Silver who now has a juice box that she is drinking."