Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

            I was laying on the couch in Camila and Dinah's apartment listening to music, and a light turns on. I see a dark haired figure and immediately recognize it as Camila. I pull my headphones out and walk over to the kitchen. She was trying to get a glass out of a tall cabinet. I reach over her and grab it. She turns around and our noses are practically touching. "Sometimes being taller than you has its advantages," I whisper handing the glass to her. I walk over to the counter and hop up on it.

            "What are you doing up so early?" she asks pouring some vodka into her glass.

            "Ahh nothing, just can't stop thinking. Trying to take the edge off?" I ask smiling and shaking my head. I can't believe she woke up and decided to drink something as hard as vodka.

            "Just a little," she responds gulping it all down. She turns her head to look at the couch and I get a good look at her bruised cheek. I close my eyes and sigh. "Is it that bad?" she asks pouring another glass. I clench my jaw and look away. She walks over and stands next to me. She rests her hand on mine, which was sitting on my thigh. "Will you touch it?" she asks.

            "Excuse me?" I ask chuckling.

            "I mean, I think if you touch my cheek that it might make you feel better."

            "Maybe," I say moving my fingers on hers. I trace my fingers up her arm, neck, and then lightly trace my fingertips over her cheeks. I can feel her shiver under my touch. My thumb traces over her soft lips and I feel her hot breath hit it. Then I pull my hand back.

            "Help any?" she asks taking a sip of her drink.

            "Yeah, it did. Thank you," I reply flustered. "So what's the story behind you and Austin?"

            "Lauren, don't..." she starts but I quickly stop her.

            "Tell me," I say raising my voice a little bit. She sighs and sits down on a stool.

            "It's a publicity stunt," she admits looking at her glass. I get down from the counter and walk over to her.

            "So you don't like him?" I ask putting my hand on her shoulder. She turns around to look at me and tears are rushing down her cheeks. She stands up and I wrap my arms around her waist. She slowly puts her arms around my shoulders and buries her face in my neck.

            "It's not fair," she mumbles while I feel tears streaming down my neck. She pulls back, but I hold both of her hands in mine.

            "It's hard, I know. I know what it feels like to not be able to be with the person you want because of your career. Trust me. You just have to stay strong," I say looking into her eyes intently.

            "I don't want to be with him, I want to be with you," she says wiping tears. She's lost sleep and already gone through two glasses of vodka, so she doesn't mean that. "Thank you so much, Lauren," she says while I look away pondering what to do. I turn my head and next thing I feel is a pair of lips on mine. They're so soft. She puts her hand on my cheek and rubs her thumb across it while moving her lips against mine. I pull back and her eyes are still closed.

            "How about we get you to bed?" I suggest pulling her hand to stand up. She gets up, but stumbles. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to her room. I lay her down and pull the covers over her. "Goodnight, Camz," I whisper kissing her forehead and walking out.