Chapter 7

6 months later...(May)

Lauren's POV

"I'm nervous," Camila blurts out while sitting on the hospital table.

"Don't be," I say putting my hand on top of hers.

The door opens and the beautiful dark skinned woman smiled. A muscular man came in behind her and shut the door. She was wearing a maroon dress under her white doctor jacket and black heels. The muscular man next to her was wearing blue jeans, a maroon button up, and his hair was a mix between dark black and blonde.

"Hey girl," Normani says hugging me tightly. When she pulls back I see the tears forming in her eyes.

"Come here, Mani," Camila says opening her arms. Camila wraps her arms around Normani's shoulders and squeezing tightly. After a few seconds, Normani pulls back wiping tears.

"I'm sorry, this is emotional. Girls, I'd like you to meet my husband," she says stepping aside and letting the tall man step forward to shake our hands.

"Hello...I'm Warren Young," he says shaking both of our hands.

"I'm Laur..."

"I know who you both are, Lauren. Not only from the tabloids, but from how much Normani talks about you two."

"I do talk about you all a lot.,,,it's a problem. But Warren's a doctor like me. Except he's a pediatric doctor. He's great with kids," she says smiling and he puts his arm around her waist. "Camila we have great news for you. You are all clear. Your jaw and skull are 100% healed. The scars will fade after time, but you are free and you never have to come back here again," she says excitedly.

"Thank you so much," Camila says standing up and hugging the taller woman tightly around her waist.

"Oh, it's my pleasure," she says professionally while hugging her back. Camila stepped aside and I went in to hug the darker woman.

"I'll never be able to thank you enough, Mani. You saved her...and me from giving up," I squeeze before letting go. Camila looks down at her watch and widens her eyes.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but we have to get back to Lauren's house. Dinah is having this dinner tonight and we still have a lot of cooking to do," Camila says opening the door.

"Text me and we'll set a date to catch up," I say to Normani before Camila takes my hand and pulls me out.

Once we pulled into my garage, I stop the car and look at the quiet girl. I leaned back onto my seat and closed my eyes. After the accident, Camila gave up. Really quickly, she fell into a state of depression and regret. Once her family came into town and stayed with her for two months, the depression had faded. After four months of her being treated, I broke. I kept telling her I was sorry for ever saying anything to her on twitter. Because all the events that happened after that led up to Austin doing that to her. I felt tears streaming down my face. I let them fall, because I assumed Camila's head was still down.

"Lauren," Camila mumbles.  I couldn't respond. I tried, but nothing came out. I couldn't say anything, no matter how hard I tried. I opened my eyes as she reached over and unbuckled my seat belt. She climbs over the console and straddles me.

"What are you doing?" I ask holding my hands up so I don't invade her space. We haven't done anything affectionate since Austin beat her. His trial only lasted two weeks. He was sentenced to a year in prison, and three years on probation. Camila filed a restraining order against him, so he's not aloud within one hundred feet of her without being arrested. And if they go to the same award show, he has to have two probation officers with him.