Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

              "Hello?" I hear Silver say in the kitchen. She listens to the person on the phone. "Silver," she says. "Mommy's daughter."

              "I'll be right back," I whisper into Camila's ear before standing up and walking into the kitchen.

              "Silver, who's on the phone?" I ask when I see that she has Camila's phone in her hand.

              "I don't know," she responds and walks over to sit on Camila's lap.

              I pick up the phone from the table and look at the most recent call. The end of the name says 'PR manager'. I go into shock and drop the phone into the glass of wine I was holding. The wine glass slips from my hands and drops onto my exposed feet. I put my hand on the counter to steady myself as my head spins.

              "Lauren, what the hell?!" Dinah yells picking up the pieces of glass and putting them in a towel carefully.

              "Silver, stay with Ally," Camila orders and walks over to me. "Baby, I've seen you like this before so I know you can barely hear me. But try to do this for me. You have some glass in your right foot that I need to get out. Let's walk slowly to the bathroom," she whispers.

              I look into her eyes and I can see that she's trying to stay strong and not freak out. For me and because she doesn't want Silver to know what's going on. Camila puts my arm around her shoulder and we walk step by step to the bathroom. When we get there she slowly sits me on the toilet and kneels in front of me.

              "Lauren," she whispers as she puts her hand on my cheek. "You're safe. I'm here. It's Camila. Your girlfriend. The model. It's me, baby. Lauren, it's me. Trust me, you're safe."

              I let myself break right there. The second she said all of those things, I let everything out.

              "I'm sorry. I saw something that reminded me of what happened and I just - - I..." I mumble before I feel the pain in my foot.

              "It's okay. I'm right here," Camila says holding my face close to her chest. "Let me get the first aid kit out and handle the glass in your foot."

              She opens the cabinets under the sink and pulls out the first aid kit. She sits it on the counter and pulls out gauze', tweezers, cotton balls, and a wrap. She opens the bottle of rubbing alcohol and pours some of it on the cotton balls.

              "This might be cold and sting a bit," she says before softly dabbing the area around the top of my foot where the glass is lodged.

              "Shit," I say cringing and trying not to move. "I'm sorry about your phone," I say looking down but immediately regretting it.

              "It's fine. I need Dinah for this part," she says standing up and walking over to the door. "DINAH COME HERE." Within seconds the tall Polynesian was at the door.

              "Yeah?" she asks breathlessly.

              "I need you to hold Lauren while I pull the glass out of her foot."

              Dinah looks at me and winces once she looks down at my foot. She walks over and wraps her arms around me. Camila grabs the tweezers and a few cotton balls soaked with rubbing alcohol, and kneels down to my foot. I hold my breath and I feel a sharp pain in my foot.