twenty one - sweet

twenty one: you know you shouldn't be out here; part two

"Good morning, Frankie," Gerard cooed when he saw Frank's eyelids flutter open and focus on his. He closed his eyes again, groaned and rolled into Gerard's side. "You don't wanna get up?"

"No," Frank mumbled. "Why the fuck am I still alive?"

Gerard sighed softly and wrapped an arm around Frank's waist. He felt Frank's body relaxing underneath him and smiled. "Because I wouldn't ever let you die under my watch."

"You're supposed to be a normal fucking vampire," Frank mumbled again, and Gerard felt his warm breath against his chest when he spoke. He let a hand card through Frank's hair, and Frank made a content noise (that was a first). "That feels nice."

Gerard hummed in response and kept playing with Frank's hair. "Good. Do you wanna go on a date today? I've decided I really really like you," Gerard asked in a whisper.

Frank smiled to himself as he felt the butterflies erupt in his stomach and snuggled closer. "Yeah, I'd love to. I like you too."

"Splendid," Gerard cooed and wove his fingers through Frank's and then brought the back of his hand to his lips and kissed it gently. Frank hummed and sat up, throwing his head on Gerard's shoulder and squeezing his hand a little before letting go and rolling out of bed.

"Lemme piss, I'll be right back," he said with a nervous chuckle, and Gerard nodded.

"I'll start breakfast for you."

"You don't need to--"

"I want to. Go use the bathroom and come to the kitchen when you're finished," Gerard insisted and then got up and dashed out the door before Frank could try to convince him he was okay. Frank took care of his business, washed his hands and then face, and settled in front of the mirror, staring at his reflection. He sighed. There was nothing in the bathroom he could possibly do anything to himself with at the moment, so he grumbled to himself and ran a hand through his long shaggy hair. It flopped onto one side and he shrugged, and then exited the bathroom.

Frank found his way to the kitchen of the small flat and found a door open with Gerard in the room it led to. He was turned away from the doorway, cooking eggs on the stove. There were two pieces of toast in the toaster too, and jam, cream cheese, and butter set out on the kitchen table. Frank sighed and leant against the doorway, crossing his arms.

"Damn."

Gerard turned around abruptly and smiled with relief as he saw Frank staring at him from the doorway. "Do you like eggs?"

Frank nodded. "Yeah. They smell fucking amazing, Gee."

"Gee?"

"Gerard, whatever, sorry," Frank said with a small blush and Gerard just smiled, pushing the eggs onto a plate and shrugging.

"It's cute. Only my brother and a few of my friends call me Gee."

"Can I call you Gee?" Frank asked, and sat down when Gerard motioned for him to. Gerard sat down catty-cornered to Frank and pushed the plate of eggs towards him, reaching over to grab the toast when it popped out of the toaster.

"Yeah," Gerard replied, and Frank smiled at him.

"Thanks for breakfast, and I guess, thanks for saving my life and giving me a place to crash last night."

"It was my pleasure. I haven't had a cute guy in my bed in ten years," he chuckled and Frank's eyes widened.

"What?"

"Well, aside from sexually, yeah. I haven't had a boyfriend in so long. I could never find another vampire with morals and values like mine," he said nonchalantly and Frank's eyes widened.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "Human's blood is fucking delicious. I prefer it cold, but not many do. If I didn't, let me tell you," Gerard leant in closer and inhaled deeply, his eyes closing, "you'd have died the minute I snatched you up last night, baby."

Frank shivered and shock waves of pleasure rocketed through his body, sending sparks up his arms and down his spine. He inhaled sharply, and Gerard leant away, worry painted across his face. "Fuck, I'm sorry," he muttered, and Frank waved it off stiffly.

"It's... alright," he whispered, and then when Gerard gave him a look, he added, "really."

"Okay," Gee whispered, and Frank placed a hand over his on the table, beginning to eat.

---

"So, where are we going on this date?" Frank asked, pushing his frame into Gerard's as they walked down the street. Gerard was clutching Frank in the empty street because, well, it was past curfew and he wasn't going to let Frank get devoured.

"Shh, you see that figure? Coming towards us? Bad news. Act cool," Gerard said, and Frank's arm tightened around Gerard quickly after Gerard pulled him impossibly closer.

"Yeah," Frank breathed, "okay."

The vampire came up to them in the dim light of the streetlamps and raised an eyebrow, slowing to a stop and grinning.

"Hey there," he said to Frank, and Frank felt an instinctive recoil in his chest. He leant as far as he could into Gerard's shoulder. "He's gonna hurt you, you know. Come with me, and I'll help you get back home safe, sweetheart."

Gerard tried to pull them along, and Frank stumbled with him, but the other vampire's hand shot out and grabbed Frank's arm, yanking him towards himself. But as soon as Gerard growled and pulled him gently and swiftly back, the other vampire cowered away.

"He's mine," Gerard growled and gave the vampire an incomprehensibly venomous look. The other cowered and ran down the street away from them and Frank felt a rush in his heart.

"I'm yous?" he whispered, hiding a smile and wrapping his arms around Gerard's neck. Gerard reciprocated, his arms settling around Frank's waist and pulling him protectively close to his chest.

"Only if you wanna be," he breathed.

"Oh, I wanna be all yours alright," Frank giggled in response. "As long as you're mine too, of course."

"I'd love to be," Gerard said and pressed a kiss to Frank's forehead. Or, at least he tried to, because Frank moved his head, and Gerard's lips fell perfectly onto his.

"Boyfriends?"

"Yes."