twenty - fangs

twenty: you know you shouldn't be out here

*trigger warning for talk of suicide*

Eight PM.

Frank took a deep breath in and let it out. Best case scenario, a vampire would find him, drain him of blood, and he would finally fucking die. Worst case scenario, he was caught by a vampire and kept as a source of blood to leach off of until he died from old fucking age. Frank stood up from where he was sitting on his bed, put aside his book and finally turned the damn alarm off. He shrugged on his coat and slipped on his doc martens, and left the door unlocked behind him.

The suicide note was sitting on the counter with the explanation of what he was about to do.

The crisp, cool air was sweet to the smell after--and only after, Frank noted--the curfew bells chimed in the distance when the shadows seemed taller and longer and the street lamps were dimly lit, thus encouraging people to go inside and into safety, but Frank grinned at this.

If he had wanted to listen to music, he would have listened to 'Today' by the Smashing Pumpkins. It was just that sweet kind of feeling. The sweet, sick feeling of the end.

Frank's lips curled upwards, and he breathed in the scent of near-freedom. He walked confidently down the street, only regretting for a moment that he didn't bring earbuds and his iPod. He would have really liked to listen to music, but if he was going to try to find a vampire or be found by one, he needed all of his senses. Excitement filled his chest from nowhere in particular, his heart beating frantically--and this made him even more excited--a quickly beating heart was very easy to spot in the middle of an abandoned, dimly lit street for vampires who had the sharpest ears around.

Just as he was about to cross the street to get to the next block, he was pulled into an alleyway by a pair of cold hands and pushed against the bricks. His heart fluttered, and his eyes filled with happy tears. There, right there in front of him was a vampire, and he was most likely going to take his life. Frank smiled.

"You know you shouldn't be out here," the vampire hissed and let go, his voice turning into a concerned sort of mutter. "Get back inside before you get killed."

Frank frowned. "Y-you're not gonna..." he got choked up, his tears suddenly turning sour. "You're not gonna kill me?"

"Surprisingly, no," the vampire said. "I'm... I'm Gerard. I save humans."

"I'm Frank," Frank sighed and rolled his eyes below closed eyelids. Then he stepped closer and wrapped his arms around the vampire's neck. He was quite attractive, and Frank was glad that it made his cheeks get hot and his heart to beat violently when he got this close. The vampire's hands settled on his waist and tried to push him away, but Frank resisted.

"Gerard, c'mon," he whispered. "My blood would taste so nice on your beautiful lips. Do me a favour, yeah?"

"No," Gerard shook his head, and using his inhuman strength, he pried Frank's arms from his neck and pushed him away, panting slightly. "I'm not going to take your life from you."

Frank felt the tears pricking at his eyes again and crossed his arms. "Fine. I'll find some other vampire. I'm sure," he said, walking backwards out of the alley, "that they'd just love to feel my hot, thick blood sliding down their throat, quenching their thirst, their hunger."

Gerard bit his lip, but he mirrored Frank's crossed arms. "No. You won't."

"Oh, yes, I really think I will," Frank said, and then took off running, or, he tried to, but before he could even get two steps away, Gerard had his arms wrapped around Frank's middle and then he was pressing him against the brick again.