twelve - outlaw

twelve: only if I needed to

(this one's longer, around 10,000 words so i'm sorry it took so long to upload.)
(i'm super unmotivated and over-worked, but hey i got a 91 on my driver's ed final, so that's good)

In his defence, Gerard was obsessed with gore.

It was an ordinary day, however, for the gore enthusiast, that it all began. He had the last issue in a series of his favourite comic in a paper bag clutched in his hands as he walked back home from the comic store. Gerard was anxious to get home and make a mug of coffee and sit on his small-ass sofa and curl up with his comic and mug of coffee. He was more than excited to find out how the conflicts were going to be resolved--they'd gotten so bad--and was so ready to see the gruesome scenes inside the four dollars worth of pages.

He didn't grin as he was walking down the street because he wasn't that creepy, but he did let himself keep an extremely subdued smile on as he walked with a spring in his step. Or at least he did until he heard it; a distant shriek echoing off the walls in a narrow alleyway on the streets of New York.

The street was pretty noisy and crowded, and Gerard was pretty sure he was the only one that'd stopped and walked towards the scream. When he slipped into the narrow alleyway silently, he shuddered. There was a man--admittedly a fairly attractive man--standing over a woman with a hammer that closely resembled a Harley Quinn hammer on a smaller scale.

But when Gerard's eyes fell down to the lady on the floor, he inhaled sharply and caught the man's attention. Hazel eyes focused on Gerard's black hair and interested expression and a smirk caught the man's mouth as he raised an eyebrow.

"You get lost, honey?"

"Uh... no, I... heard someone screaming, and I wanted to know what it was," he said shakily.

The man walked towards Gerard, and Gerard knew he should have run; his flight or fight instincts were kicking in--but he was frozen to the floor, clutching his paper bag to his chest and eyeing the (attractive) man warily. His heart was beating faster and fast with each menacing step the man took towards him, but he just cowered, pressing his back against the wall he was already leaning on.

"Well, you've got yourself into a little fix then," the man said as he got closer and put a hand on Gerard's shoulder and pressing him to the wall. It felt like the weight of the world was being forced onto his shoulder, and even though Gerard knew he was strong enough to push him off he couldn't find the strength in himself to do so. He just stood there.

The man's eyes were raking over his face, hair, body, and then landing back on his own before he licked his lips and raised an eyebrow. "You've got yourself into some trouble, cutie. Because there's no way I'm letting you go, so it's either I kill you, or you come with me and stick around till the cops stop lookin' for you, got it?"

"I--" Gerard started and then realised he wasn't gonna get anywhere anytime soon. "Please, let me go, I promise I won't tell anyone," he squeaked, but the man just shook his head.

"Sorry, no can do," the man chuckled and took Gerard's chin in his free hand roughly.

Gerard's mind raced, avoiding eye contact and then finally settling on the woman's dead body. He felt guilty, looking at her bloody and battered form, but the execution of the murder was just so perfect. The man had known just where to hit in order to kill her quickly but painfully so, and he found his breath catching in his throat at the way the man's hand tightened around his jaw as he watched the blood drip down her body and onto the pavement where she lay.

"Y-you're gonna kill me? Like her?"

"You don't seem like you'd mind particularly," the man said and raised an eyebrow. "You keep staring at her. Did you know her?"