six - in cold blood

six: unfortunately, i love you too

"You know I fucking hate it when you show up like this," Frank groaned as his boyfriend walked into the flat with his hands and clothes covered in blood. Again.

"You can make me leave anytime you want," Gerard said gently and closed the door behind him. It was originally Frank's flat, but then when the whole falling in love thing happened and they couldn't fucking bear to be apart, they'd moved Gerard into Frank's.

"I don't want you to leave, I want you to stop killing people," Frank said and then cupped Gerard's jaw in his hand. "But you're not going to do that, are you?"

Gerard's hand came up to lay gently on Frank's, smearing blood onto the back of shorter man's hand. "No," he murmured. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Frank sighed and then, "Kiss me and then we'll get you cleaned up, m'kay?"

Gerard leant down and pressed his lips to Frank's gently, moving their lips together a little until Frank pulled away and smiled a bit. Gerard's other hand came up to cup Frank's cheek and bring him into another kiss, hungry for love and affection with such a brutal job on his hands. The hand on Frank's cheek spread blood all over it, and since Frank only pulled him closer, he assumed he didn't really mind. Frank pulled away a second time, pecked Gerard's lips and then took both of his hands, leading him into the bathroom.

"When's your next?" he whispered as he started the shower. He pulled Gerard's hands under the water of the sink's faucet and began scrubbing away at the blood. Gerard had insisted many times that he could do it himself, but Frank had always told him he liked cleaning him off, so he let Frank do it.

"Three days."

"Monday," Frank sighed and then smiled tiredly, catching Gerard's eye. "My hard-working man, getting up on a Monday to do his job."

Gerard rolled his eyes and leant in to kiss Frank again, and smiled at the way Frank's lips responded on instinct before pulling away and smiling too.

"I love you," Gerard said softly as Frank continued scrubbing at his hands.

"Yes, well, unfortunately, I love you too," Frank said and then laughed tiredly. "The shower's warm."

"Unfortunately?" Gerard grinned and Frank brought his hand up to Gerard's cheek to pull him in for another kiss.

"Maybe. But the point is that I love you too."

---

"Please, do you want money, or--or--"

"No. I don't know you, all I know is that my boss," Gerard said and drew out his knife. "Isn't very pleased with how you screwed him over. And I'm here to fix that."

"Oh, god, who's your boss?" the man asked, panicked as he backed into a corner. Idiot. Gerard towered over him.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out," Gerard growled and then plunged his knife deep into his victim's chest. He didn't even cry out, just muttered a pathetic 'sorry' as he fell to the ground.

Gerard sheathed his knife again and put on gloves so he wouldn't get blood on his steering wheel as he raced away from the scene, unnoticed by anyone but a couple of unlucky pidgeons that happened to fly away right as his car nearly ran over them.

Gerard cringed at the blood on his hands that was shining through the plastic gloves as he focused on the road ahead of him. Maybe Frank was right, maybe he should stop with all the killing, maybe he should--he was speeding. He slowed down, even though there was no one else around, and then turned his high beams on as he entered the foresty back road that always calmed him down when he was driving back home.