thirteen - pumpkin

thirteen: this is trashy fluff so i recommend you don't waste your time. 

(also, it's like 400 words)

"Hey, pumpkin," Gerard said, and Frank rolled his eyes and ignored the skip in his heart. 

"Stop fucking calling me that," he said and flipped him off from where he was sitting in the tour bus's dining table next to Mikey. 

"No," Gerard replied and opened the fridge to find his leftovers from last night's dinner that they went out to. "It's funny seeing you react to it."

"Why do you find my misery funny?" Frank complained and shoved more pasta into his face. 

Mikey chuckled. "You never seem too miserable, just mildly flustered."

Frank crossed his arms. "What?"

Gerard giggled and sat down next to him. "Mhm, you always blush."

"Since when?"

"Since a month ago when he started doing it," Mikey responded boredly. "You're literally such an idiot, Frank."

Frank huffed, blushed again, and then put more pasta in his mouth. He wasn't going to admit that they were right. Not in a million years. "What the fuck ever."

Mikey giggled and then threw his used paper plate away. "I'll leave this to up you guys."

Frank gave him a desperate look, but Mikey was already gone, probably to talk to Ray and Bob in their bunks. Gerard turned to Frank. "You totally get so cute and blushy when I call you that."

Frank's heart soared. "Cute?"

"I'm allowed to touch your dick onstage, but not call you cute offstage?"

"Touching my dick onstage is very different than giving me a sincere compliment while we're alone together."

"Well," Gerard smiled. "We should be alone together more often."

Frank hummed, food forgotten when Gerard's hand came to rest on his knee. "Gee," Frank said lightly, but Gerard shook his head. 

"Can I kiss you, Frankie? For real this time?"

Frank nodded and smiled, and they leaned in. Their lips coming together was more wonderful than Frank had ever expected. He pressed back eagerly, his hands weaving through Gerard's hair, but they jumped apart when they heard someone clear their throat distinctly. 

"Oh, uh, hi, Brian," Gerard said, smiling weakly. 

"I told you so," Brian said, retrieving his half-eaten sandwich from the night before. "There was no way he doesn't like you back."

"Thanks for having my back, man," Gerard said and tucked red hair behind his ear. 

"I always have. Try not to break up the band with this, okay?"

Gerard gripped Frank's hand. "Okay."