|Blame the man|

2 0.  B l a m e   t h e   m a n  

The hall was a big room with translucence illumination existing in it. The dignitaries from the other university were also present and one amongst them was talking to V. It seemed like he gets on good terms with strangers very easily. So amiable of him.

We entered and occupied our seats in accordance with our roll numbers. The feeling was foreign and especially with, having V in the same room made my heart pound even louder.

We exchanged a glance at the sight of no one watching us. He was sitting on the stage with his hands clutching the edge of the wooden board. With a benevolent smile, he held his thump up, wishing me the best. And, I returned it with a beautiful smile that crept on my face.

The rows were serried at a gap of hardly two meters in between, I sensed the familiar energy as I peered into Jimin's cheerful eyes who got his seat right beside me, "Stuck like chewing gum, Jimin. Why are you challenging him huh?" I snapped rather with a low and slow tone, lowering my head.

"Cause we have a long and strong childhood bond, you know that."
He mumbled, laying his head on the desk to avoid the unwanted indulgence of any prober.

The lady in jet black shirt topping the dark blueish high-waisted office skirt stood in obligation to provide the help of any sort to the students from getting to the right seat to the filling of the necessary spaces in the examination sheet.

Jimin couldn't help his boisterous laughter and caused the invigilator to turn around scornfully. No talking was the words of the already pissed off, grumpy man. Jimin lowered his head in response, nodding it off and on.

I smiled to myself, cursing at his old habit of self-expression or rather self-destruction in true means.

I could not get a chance to glare at V when he strolled in my row. Maintaining a high degree of proficiency he never even looked at me and performed his duty of supervision obediently.

Two hours passed away, now came the turn of the untouched questions which are usually solved at the end of working out with a paper. Gosh! The questions of part I are so difficult.

I felt nauseous at the very point.

You have to attempt every question no matter what value it holds, whether you know the answer or not. In remembrance of the golden words uttered by my private tutor or my boyfriend aka V, I began simplifying the equations.

The soft, hesitant interaction of the pen with the paper ended on a note of somebody's loud penetrating voice ringing in my ear. "SIR! THIS GIRL OUT HERE HAS BROUGHT CHEATS."

Ignoring the scene at the back I never stopped my mental process, eating the bottom part of my pen occasionally, playing with the calculator, scratching of the head. The lazy motions everything met it apace ends for a moment. Jimin whispered my name and brought me back to reality.

My eyes widened when the same grumpy invigilator took away my sheets while placing his one hand on my desk. "Had some derisive plans for cheating,"

"Sir, I don't understand your words---"

"Yes. How would you? cause my words are sincere, unlike your doings." He growled back, catching the attention of the other staff as they reached out to my desk amongst them was V as well, doubt coloring his eyes.

I bend down just to see three to four cheats scattered under my chair.

"Sir, now I've only fifteen minutes left please I kindly request you to hand over my sheets---" My voice gained a layer of fear as every second passed by.