Chapter 24

A whole month had passed. The attacks had ceased since then and yet the gang felt utterly miserable.

For starters, Norman had run away. The day that Benedict and animals of WACAU took Tiberius away, the guinea pig went into the air vents and never came back. None of the gang had seen him ever since and it was actually very terrifying. No one knew what was lurking inside the vents with the small rodent. They were all worried about him. At least they didn't have to worry about being attacked. No one had to. The attacks had stopped once Tiberius was taken. But that also filled the gang up with miserable feelings. It proved in a sense that their friend was behind all the bloodspill but something wasn't adding up. Many hailed them as heroes for turning the hawk over but none of them felt like a hero.

Alone in her apartment, Gidget was sprawled out on her couch. Her head resting on a pillow, she stared blankly at the TV screen across the living room. La Pasion de la Pasion was probably on at the moment. But the fluffy white Pomeranian didn't feel like watching or doing anything. Not during this current situation. Besides, it was probably some reruns anyway. A small ringing noise signaled that she had just gotten an email, no doubt from Max or one of the others. Sitting up a little, Gidget grabbed her phone and checked. It was actually a YouTube notification from Peanut. He must've gotten out of the animal clinic a while ago. Sighing, Gidget decided to check the video out.

"Hello guys, how's it going?" Peanut asked, a smile on his face as he looked at the camera. There were bandages wrapped around his chest. Gidget could feel her shoulders ache from where she had clawed at. Shuddering at the awful memory, she continued watching the video as Peanut addressed the audience of whoever was watching the video, "For all of you wondering, I have been at the vet's for the past month due to the vicious attacks we had a while back. Got to tell ya, scariest moment in my life. I think I almost pulled off one of Pepe's famous tricks. But yeah, I thankfully survived, I'm doing okay. I also caught the whole thing on video. Warning, you might not want to watch this if you're squeamish. It's a shocker." A moment later, the scene changed to Peanut's perspective of the attack at Pops' place. Not wanting to be reminded of what happened to Tiberius, Gidget paused the video just as the hawk lunged at a filming Peanut. Tears threatening to come, the Pomeranian looked down at her phone screen, right at the hawk's eyes.

It was that moment she noticed something that would change everything. Gasping, Gidget dashed out of her apartment and headed for the building across the street, determination coursing through her blood.