Chapter 9

Pacing back and forth anxiously, Gidget was deeply worried. It had been a full blown hour after she had managed to bring Tiberius over to Pops' place to get patched up. She did her best to keep him calm as they walked down the bustling streets so they wouldn't get noticed. Not like a Pomeranian and a red tailed hawk walking together got any looks. Though he had kept quiet on the way here with only whimpering to express the pain, it was pretty obvious he was in agony. Pops had taken him into a different room and told Gidget to wait out in the living room, promising he would be done soon. Waiting an hour, the Pomeranian had heard Tiberius screeching in anguish for forty minutes straight before falling silent twenty minutes ago. She could only wonder if her friend was alright.

The sound of a door opening caught Gidget's attention. Looking up, she saw Pops strolling over towards her. Her anxiety breaking through the roof, she exclaimed, "Is he okay?" Nodding his head quietly, the elderly basset hound added, "He's gonna be fine. I managed to get his back into place and stitched him up." Breathing a huge sigh of relief, the fluffy white Pomeranian was about to enter the room to see Tiberius when Pops stopped her. "He's on a sedative right now, he'll wake up soon," he whispered before asking, "What happened? I tried asking Eagle Eye but he wouldn't stop screeching bloody murder."

"Someone threw a rock at him and it got him right in the back," Gidget answered quietly, sitting down. Shuffling her paws nervously, she went on, "I believe they said that they thought he was behind the recent attacks and kills." Sighing heavily, Pops gazed off to his right, staring into space. Biting his lip, he murmured, "I feared that would happen once the descriptions of the attacker came into light. Yesterday when Eagle Eye returned from an errand that I had sent him on, I noticed a few hamster servants of mine that were giving him these... dirty looks, like he did something wrong." Gulping as she listened to the elderly basset hound's words, the fluffy white Pomeranian trembled. Finding her voice, she spoke softly in a hushed tone, "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

Quiet for a moment as he slowly turned his gaze towards Gidget, Pops stated in a very quiet voice, "I believe that everyone is starting to put suspicion on our friend Eagle Eye here."