Chapter 6

Her paws silent as she padded across the rooftop towards the crudely built shed in the corner, Gidget didn't need a huge neon sign to tell her that Tiberius not in a good mood. She could see the claw marks on the roof and on the piece of wood that allowed one to get inside of the shed that was his home. Being extremely cautious, she went right up to the front door. Seeing a dark mass in the darkest corner, the fluffy white Pomeranian called out softly, "Tiberius? It's me, Gidget." Gulping as she bit her lip, she went on, "May I come in?"

"You'd probably enter even if I said no," Tiberius growled, his voice filled with frustration. Taking that as a sign she was able to enter, Gidget quietly pushed open the door and walked into the dark and creepy shed. Bones cracked under her paws as she crept over to her best friend. The old red tailed hawk had cleaned off the blood on his beak and was now working on his talons. Sitting down a few inches away, the Pomeranian watched in silence, not sure of what to say first to him. Looking up at her, the hawk grumbled, "Ya gonna talk or do I have to rip the words out of your mouth?!"

Seeing that he was very agitated at the moment, Gidget took a deep breath and spoke softly to Tiberius, "Are you okay?" His face showing no emotion whatsoever, the old hawk snarled, "I'm fine. Really peachy, especially after being blamed for WHO KNOWS WHAT! CARE TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON DOWN THERE AND WHY IT INVOLVES ME?!" Taken aback by his sudden screeching, Gidget gently rested a paw on each of his tense shoulders and looked him in the eye as she told him about the attack at the dog park and what Mel had pointed out. Calmed down a tiny bit, the old hawk had no reply. Looking down at him, the Pomeranian asked quietly, "I'm guessing you were at Central Park, right?"

"I was actually around Times Square when I caught the squirrel. I never hunted anywhere near Washington Square, let alone the dog park there," Tiberius answered softly. His voice was a little sore from him screeching earlier and he sounded tired. Looked tired too. Noticing these signs, Gidget nodded her head quietly and spoke kindly, "Thank you. Get some rest, we'll figure this out sooner or later." Watching as her best friend closed his light brown eyes and fell asleep, the fluffy white Pomeranian silently exited the shed, leaving him be. A mystery now on her mind, she headed back down to where the others were no doubt waiting for her return.