17 - Trust

When Jungkook came back from school, my grandma had a small talk with him and Hoseok. She was curious about how they were feeling, due to the fact that they were still new to the ocean and being mermen, so she could help them out in any questions they had. Apparently she also had a talk with Lisa.

Later the boys and I had a talk about this in the moon pool. Taehyung was being moody all day, he didn't really agree with us about certain things, especially not about Lisa.

" She goes back to being a normal girl, and our family can finally feel safe." I said.

" Dream on, Jimin." Taehyung sighed. " Do you really think she'll be that helpful?"

" No, look..." Jungkook started. " I believe once somebody becomes a merperson, it's hard. It's like the ocean and the sea are a part of you. For me personally, leaving this all behind would be extreme pain. I believe she has to learn a lesson, but taking this away from her wouldn't be the right thing to do. "

" She's still dangerous." Taehyung scoffed.

" We'll see." Seokjin shrugged.

We then swam back to the grotto, waiting for our classes to start. We prepared everything we needed, we also ordered food and while we were waiting we put on some music. My grandma then walked inside and said she has a guest joining us for today's lesson, who was Lisa. That didn't go as well as planned.

"She's caught between two worlds." My grandma explained. " It's making things really difficult for her. She wants to learn more about what happened."

" Problem is, born merpeople don't really know much about humans, well transformed ones." Yoongi said.

" Why not?" Lisa asked.

" Probably because we're all too busy escaping you." Seokjin sighed. " Some humans have tried to destroy us in the past."

" According to legend, it's been that way ever since there was a war between us long ago." I said.

" Oh, that's right, a war between us." Taehyung laughed. " Long ago. Didn't seem that long ago when she had a trident on us."

" She put it back." Jungkook groaned. " What else do you want her to do?"

" You know, merpeople wouldn't dare be around a human." Taehyung said.

" Oh, yeah, then what about me?" I looked at him. " Or my mother? Or I'd also like to mention that I was born half human. Not all of us are afraid. I wasn't scared of Jungkook when I met him."

" But that's different." Taehyung sighed.

" I can't just pack up and move." Lisa shook her head.

" You don't have to." Taehyung told her. " All you have to do is stop being a merman. Go back to your world and we will go back to ours."

" How?" Lisa scoffed.

" It may be possible to reverse what happened to you."  Namjoon sighed. " We think that if you're in the Moon Pool during the full moon and you think about wanting to transform, it might reverse what happened."

" No." I said, but nobody listened to me.

" Ah." Lisa nodded. " I gave up the trident. I didn't expect to have to give up my powers as well."

" I knew it." Taehyung shook his head.

" Tae, this is a huge thing we're asking of her." Seokjin shook his head.

" They're not her powers, okay?" Taehyung looked at us. " They're ours. She got them by accident."

" Give her the chance to think about it."  I told him.

" Yeah." Jungkook nodded.

" A chance to hang around us so she knows exactly how to attack us later?" Taehyung raised his brows.

"  Stop." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"What is wrong with you?" Taehyung shook his head. " You're the one she knocked unconscious. Or do you not remember?"

" Yeah, I remember." Yoongi nodded. " I also remember that she was the one who saved me."

" That's right." I said." She didn't have to do that."

" She didn't have to zap him in the first place." Taehyung spit back. " She didn't have to make himself our enemy, but he did."

" She also didn't have to put the trident back, but she did." Yoongi reminded him.

" Yeah, right where she can get it straight back next full moon." Taehyung scoffed.

" I don't thinks she'd do that." Yoongi told him.

" Based on what?" Taehyung gasped.

" Based on she said he won't, and I trust her." Yoongi said.

" I trust him too." I nodded.

" She can still turn against us." Taehyung shrugged.

" She won't." Jungkook sighed. " She's not our enemy."

" And she's not our friend, either." Taehyung scoffed. "  She's not to be trusted. You want to sell us out, that's up to you. But I'm not being a part of this."  He just jumped inside the pool and swam away. I sat down on the floor and left out a deep sigh. Lisa talked with my grandma, then they decided to go to a more private place to talk.

I had a performance in the café, and that's where Taehyung went. Jungkook had to study, so I spent time with my sister. Singing together is always fun and I like that I can have a job while also having fun and spending time with my sister. After Jungkook finished studying, he came to see me, but he had to deal with Taehyung's moody ass who then just got up and swam away somewhere. After the performance finished, I went swimming with Jungkook, we had a lot of fun. Swimming always takes away all my worries. It's like my problems all disappear when I'm in the sea. I've always felt connection to the land, but I never knew how much I need it to be part of me until I found Jungkook. It's hard, and it can be a struggle with the rain and the snow and all that, but I thing that if I'm going to go on living here longer, I will be able to get used to living a life like this.