15 - Family and Friends

When I woke up, everybody was still sleeping. I decided to go to the beach and just enjoy the morning air. It was now May. I absolutely loved how it wasn't too hot but cold either. 

I walked out from the grotto room, and I went into my room to dress up. I put on an oversized long-sleeved tee which looked like it was set of two pieces, a striped t-shirt and black long-sleeves under it, then I put on my black jeans and black converse. I didn't style my blue hair, I just brushed it and slightly brushed my bangs away from my eyes. I definitely needed a haircut now, because my bangs were too long. I put my phone in my pocket and then walked out from the house to the beach. There weren't too many people there, I put off my shoes and walked in the sand at a part where I was close to water, but it still couldn't reach my feet. I enjoy looking at families, human life is really different than what I've experienced as a merman.

After a few minutes, I got a text from Jungkook, asking where I am. I texted him back that I'm at the beach, and he decided to come and check on me. When he arrived, we started walking hand in hand.

" I saw that you made an Instagram profile." Jungkook laughed. " It's nice."

" Yeah, I was bored." I nodded.

" Is your brother coming today?" He asked.

" Mhm." I nodded.

" How are you guys able to send each other messages?" He laughed.

" We can speak with dolphins." I explained. " I tell one to send a message, they know to who, and they do it."

" But how do they know where they are?" He shook his head.

" Well, we can't go very far..." I shrugged. " I mean, we have homes. Not that kind of homes, but you get what I mean. Underwater caves and stuff."

" I probably can't speak with dolphins." He nodded.

" I don't know?" I said. " This is not something you learn, it's part of merpeople's abilities. "

" Hmh, maybe..." He shrugged.

" You want to try?" I smiled.

" Sure." He said.

We made sure there was nobody around and we went inside the water, transforming after ten seconds. I found a dolphin who I knew and showed her a sign that said to follow. Jungkook and I went back up to the water and we sat down on the cliff with the edge of our tails in the water while the dolphin stayed in the water with her head out. She was a bottlenose dolphin.

" So, this boyfriend over here." I looked at the dolphin.

The dolphin spoke in her own way and Jungkook got very confused. But he understood what she was trying to say.

" No way!" Jungkook  gasped. " Hi... Arinna, did I get that right?"

The dolphin spoke again, saying yes, I did get that right. 

" I'm smart." Jungkook laughed.

" Okay, thanks, Arinna." I smiled and the dolphin went back swimming.

" How can you recognize her?" He shook his head.

" That's like asking how can you recognize people from each other." I told him. " Well, maybe it's just because I grew up underwater, but it's really easy for me to recognize them. And I think you'll be able to do that too, now that you know Arinna, she has quite a longer mouth than others. But you'll be able to recognize them. "

" And how can you guys tell the time?" Jungkook asked.

" We don't." I shrugged. " But we can simply say it the way the sun's on the sky, or if the moon is visible or not..."