Chapter 1- Meeting of Bounties

--------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 1-----------------

_________Landor's POV________

__________________________

A meeting took place at the middle of the Nordinian Empire, at the break of dusk on the last day of the month. At these meeting the five generals of the five towns of the Nordinian Empire meet. The meeting is every last day of the month. The meeting is to help the towns keep peace, but sometimes the towns do the exact opposite, like that time where the Skandorians couldn't marry the Nordiths. The generals of a town control the army of the town, makes all the decisions of taxes, houses, war, etc.

The first general is small and lean male. Gandor is so nice to his citizens that people say he is too nice. He even has a law for no executions. He is the general of Doriat. He has a big army to keep crime down; they have iron armor and weapons.

Herbilin is an optimistic man; kind face, strong body and bald. He runs the argictural town, Skandorian. Most of the population are farmers, but they all lived fair. His army is small, but with iron armor and weapons, he's happy with it.

Aela is a strong, beautiful women. She is very warlike and mean, so men are too afraid to look her in the eye. She cared about her soldiers and has the biggest barracks in the empire. Her town is Nordith. Her army is a huge army with the strongest metals as weapons and armor.

Arivian is broad shouldered, strong male with a short beard. He has thoughtful eyes and wears a cape everywhere he goes. He is the most respected general of the empire. He runs a small town, Bantal. The town is a mining town and has silver, salt, gold and iron mines. He has a stable army, iron armor and iron weapons.

Clorida is a slim, fox faced women. She is the thief of all the generals. She has a record of not being caught for stealing for two years. She is seen one time and gone in a blink of an eye. Her town, Stelant, is a thieves paradise. No rules, no government punishment. She has an army of thieve mercenaries.

Rantle is stringy, long nailed male. He has a big beard and scrappy voice. He is said to be very old, but no one knows. His town, Frintin is a very poor town. People scavaging for food and water. His army is very small and with light leather armor.

The meeting was discussing a Giant, a nomadic creature usually travel by two. The Giants domesticate wild bull, but the bulls are twice the size and danger of a bull at some of the towns. The Giants have settled too close to Skandorian, and they are attacking civilians if they walk outside.

Aela said, "I'll just have my army take them out. A giant is no problem to us."

Herbilin then said, "The Victorians can kill Giants too, I say we hire them, that way we don't lose any soldiers."

Aela replied harshly, "Are you calling my soldiers weak?"

"No, I just don't want to take the risk."

Aela and Herbilin began arguing until Arivian slammed the table and shouted, "Enough!" Then he calmed down and said, "We will test anyone by putting a bounty on them. Aela, you can have your soldiers kill the Giants to get the bounty and Herbilin, you can have the Victorians collect the bounty, if they kill the Giants." then he said with sly smile on his face, "Or all of you can forget it and have a Hunter kill the Giants."

Everyone chuckled because even a great hunter could not kill a Giant. But they agreed on 1000 gold (40 gold could get you and iron dagger.)

Then two Giant heads were dropped on the table and then an elf dropped down on the table, "I am here to collect my bounty."

After ten seconds of speechlessness, Rantle broke it by saying, "You don't get the gold, it wasn't published to the public yet. You just did a public service."

The elf said with no change of tone from his last, "I am not here for that bounty." Then he threw a knife at Rantle's chest, killing him.

Then he jumped down from the table gracefully, "You know I would think Clorida would be the one who is stealing, but..." he smirked at Aela and lifted his arm so his wrist will show, "sometimes everyone has to steal."

Aela shouted, "Thats my bracelet, I forged it myself!"

The elf said now sitting on the seat of Rantle after taking Rantle's necklace, "I didn't know girls could forge, you probably adapted after never getting a gift from a boy."

Aela shouted now gripping her sword, "Who's says girls can't forge."

"Your an enchanter too? Blocking is 20% more effective?" then he slid the bracelet to Aela, "It is a good piece of equipment, just not for me. Mainly because I am a better forger and enchanter than you."

Arivian stopping Aela from unshealthing her weapon said, "You have your bounty already, now leave, assassin."

The elf started laughing, "I am not in the Brotherhood, if I was you would be dead."

Arivian said ignoring the threat, "So your just part of the Urake Empire. Trying to take Frintin from us?"

The elf shook his head in disappointment, "Nords... Always placing people on sides, always have one emotion to a group. Well I am on no side."

Herbilin said trying to lower the hostility in the air, "Can you atleast tell us your name?"

"I guess you guys deserve that, my name is Landor the Elf."

Aela then said bringing the hostility back, "Well "Landor", you expect us to believe you are neutral to everyone? Because right now I don't believe anything you said."

Landor said, "You will believe." Then Landor said three words silently and became invincible. He left the way he went in with Rantle's necklace and collected his 10000 gold. He got the 3000 gold for returning a stolen necklace that was passed down for 10 centuries. He got 7000 gold for killing Rantle because he was the reason why the town was poor. Not poor enough to gather 7000 gold, it is a big gamble for the citizens.

---------------------------------------------

Hey,

A death, but It was not too epic just a quick death. I hope you found this more interesting than the prologue.

For all of you wanting more than death, the one of the early-later chapters will have some of landors history which may be emotional.

But tell me what you think

And vote too because I know your thumb muscle can.

Btw if you know how to make pages can you tell me.

Bye for now