Chapter 16: Witches

Landor's POV

"Good job, we have captured the ship with no one to catch us."

Ligos came out of the captain's office and shouted, "And now we drink!"

Everyone lifted their weapons and gave one loud cheer.

Ligos told Sadia to get out 2 barrels of Ale, while he and I discuss the plan to destroy and loot Nazarise, the witch town in the captain's office. We took out many maps and journals on the town and saw that there were three main components: the wall, the barracks and the palace. I saw the map, anger already affecting me, because I hated witches.

The witches were evil, sick monsters that surprisingly have humanoid figure for how much the behaved like filth of the underworld. They sacrifice any living thing even each other to their "god." They practice spells by reciting them in books practicing them on animals or prisoners. They use their own blood for ceremonies and cut themselves to clean their, enjoying the stench of blood.

Once a month, they burn a prisoner to please their "god." They live with spiders and teach them to kill all that does not contain the bless corruption of the core.

The worst thing about them is that they can shoot flames, lightning or ice at enemies depending on their environment. This is caused by the core in the middle of their camp. The core is a hallow sphere that has a sickly green glow to it. It is said that the cores were sent by the gods and goddess of the underworld, to corrupt people and have them do their will overtime.

The core is the reason why the witches have such magical powers, parents would put their babies in the hallow sphere for a few a minutes, and then the corruption of the gods or goddess would give them power. The drawback is that all who have the corruption become slaves of the god or goddess in the underworld forever.

I hated them and that is why I would be using barbed arrows, to make them suffer and die a painful death. I will get them ready for the misery they will endure in the underworld.

I then looked at Ligos sitting in the office, I saw him holding his bow with eyes of greed. I knew what he was thinking.

I asked Ligos, "Why are we raiding this town?"

Ligos said innocently, "Because you hate witches and to take all it's riches."

I stated at Ligos ashamed, "Don't try to lie, I know why we are going here. You want to enchant your bow with the power of the core! You do know, you will be cursed if you kill someone with that, right?"

Ligos replied, "You know that's a rumor spread by witches to keep away enemies."

I said conclusively, "If you wish to endanger yourself it is okay, but I am doing this for pure hatred. I wish you had a good motive too."

Ligos said, "I know you hate witches and I will be right there next to you killing them with you."

We then discussed a stradegies. We agreed that they would shoot flames, because they are in a very hot place. We made an ointment to put on everyone's skin to prevent burn. We also checked everyone's armor to see if it's shape won't distort by the high heat.

We decided to attack at day, because raiding unfamiliar towns at night is a death trap, especially with spiders. We were going to attack from the west gate, closest to the barracks to take out the main source of an army first. Then leave the palace for last, to see the leader crawl away in fear.

Then finally, Ligos would enchant his bow with the core while everyone else looted or burned the town. We both left the office and saw our crew separated between, elves, dwarves and nords. Not even ale could get them together.

Sadia was sitting with the nords, being flattered by everyone of them. Sadia, uncomfortable, looked relieved when we got out of the office.

She walked over to us, whispering, "They went through the two barrels already, if you couldn't tell by their behavior."

I then gathered them around and told them all the plan. Then we all slept under the deck where the beds were held.

I got up early and searched the sea for a shore. Then after a few hours of sailing, we saw the shore. The structure of the town was only seen by elves, with their gift of sight.

We prepared for battle, getting weapons and armor. We put the fire repelling ointment on our skin and sailed to a beach a couple miles west away from the town. Ligos grabbed his bow while I got mine. The elves had the bows we gave them, the dwarves had their axes and the nords had shields and swords. We were ready.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey,

Sorry about the late update but finals came. Now I have no school.

I will be writing a lot more now so be prepared.