4.4 Roommates

Please read the notes in the end if you would like to know what took me so long with this chapter.

*

Nagisa laid peacefully in his bed, sighing out as he looked at the endless amount of homework his teachers had piled up for the weekend. He knew it had to be done and while he usually wasn't much of a procrastinator, he just couldn't bother to even move a limb at the moment.

He ran his fingers through his newly cut hair, it was strange feeling the strands of hair end so quickly whenever he ran his fingers through it.

Silently, he looked up at the white ceiling, another sigh leaving him as he tiredly rubbed his eyes. He couldn't figure out why he was so tired, though it could have something about the too long school day he had just gotten back from.

Though as he suddenly hears the front door open and close, he abruptly sits up, his heart racing as if on instinct.

"Nagisa-kun?"

The familiar voice echoed through the large apartment, making Nagisa soon calm down.

He heard the stairs slightly creak as someone walked up them, his ears picking up every step the person took until they reaching his door. "You in here?" the voice asked, a knock following soon after.

"Yeah."

The door opened, revealing the red head, his hair lightly ruffled, most likely thanks to the strong wind outside. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Don't you have homework to do?" he nods towards the pile of papers at the table that certainly wasn't there that morning.

Nagisa simply sighs out, a small yawn escaping his lips. "I'll do it later."

"Nagisa-kun procrastinating? Kids these days.." he mutters out sarcastically, earning a glare from the older in front of him. "Anyways, I'll start with dinner, come if you need anything."

"Alright."

Karma leaves, closing the door after himself and leaving Nagisa alone.

Sighing out for the fiftieth time that day, he gets up from the rather comfortable bed and walks over to his desk. Sorting through his homework and trying to find the easiest subject so he wouldn't get bored immediately.

Looking down at the work sheet, he finds himself completely lost, not being able to understand anything that stood on the simple paper. Perhaps it was the cause of lack of sleep causing him to be unusually tired for most of the time, or the fact that their teacher could never explain anything properly.

He knew he could always ask the sadistic genius downstairs, but he already felt like he was bothering by even staying at his apartment. So, like any other teenager would, he simply took out his phone and started searching up the questions.

*

"Karma-kun?" Nagisa questions, his gaze settling on the red head who was watching TV on the couch. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

He had just gotten home from school, and unlike any other day, Karma was home before him.

"Ah, I skipped it."

He furrows his brows for a second before turning back to normal. "But shouldn't you study to be able to beat Asano-kun?"

"I'm already way ahead of that dumb ass."

"Alright then.. I'll be in my room," he hesitantly walks away, ignoring the clear feeling of someone staring at him.

"Sure, come down if you need anything."